Benefits of avocados: Health Benefits Avocados;
Do you know the amazing health benefits of avocados? Avocados are very nutritious and can greatly benefit your health. In the past, some have been concerned about avocados contain too much fat. However, this is a mistake, because avocados contain fats do is the good kind. Not only that, but we need fat in our diet. Fat is one of the main macronutrients that our bodies need for bodily functions. In addition, there is a misconception that fat makes you fat, which simply is not true.
So here are some great facts about the benefits of avocados and why you should include in your diet!
Avocados a type of fruit, grow from trees belonging to the family Lauraceae. Avocados are native to Central and South America. Avocados are grown in most tropical and subtropical areas, including Florida, California, Mexico, Brazil and Colombia. Avocados ripen on the tree and ripen off the tree. Avocados can mature in a few days when stored at room temperature. Avocados are firm and medium green one, as ripe avocado becomes softer and darker in color.
The health benefits of avocados are well known because of the 25 vitamins and minerals they contain. Avocados contain vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, iron, magnesium, folic acid, copper, fiber, protein and potassium. Avocados also contain phytonutrients. Avocados contain 18 essential amino acids can be used to form a complete protein. For this reason, avocados are often an integral part of the vegetarian, vegan or raw food diets.
Avocados consist of approximately 20% fat. Most of the fat in avocados is monounsaturated fat. Avocados also contain a small amount of polyunsaturated and saturated fat. The fat in avocados is the kind of healthy fat that our body needs for growth and to perform bodily functions.
1. The heart-healthy benefits -Avocados vitamins and minerals help keep homocysteine levels. Monounsaturated fat and glutathione also benefit from a healthy heart. Avocados also support blood vessels. In addition, heart health benefits of oleic and omega-3 fatty acids, which are present in avocados.
2. It stimulates the immune system – Glutathione in avocados helps to boost the immune system and the nervous system benefits. Carotenoids present in avocados have been found to improve the functioning of the immune system and benefit the reproductive system.
3. Avocados are anti-inflammatory – Phytonutrients, flavonoids and polyphenols present in avocados reduce inflammation
4. Reduce levels. cholesterol -. Avocados contain beta-sitosterol, which studies have shown is effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels and increase HDL levels
5. Earnings blood pressure – Avocados contain more potassium then bananas. The potassium helps control blood pressure levels.
6. Cancer Protection Propertie s- Those who consume type of fat found in avocados have been found to have a lower risk of cancer. Studies have also shown that avocados can help in the fight against prostate cancer.
7. Increases nutrient absorption -Avocados increase the absorption of nutrients. Studies have shown that when subjects ate meals containing avocados, which absorbs five times the amount of beta carotene and lycopene.
8. It contains antioxidants -Avocados are rich in antioxidants and help in the fight against oxidative stress. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals.
9. Preventing diabetes and regulate blood sugar – Avocados have been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes. Monounsaturated fats help regulate blood sugar and can reverse insulin resistance.
10. Health Benefit eye -. The large amount of carotenoids lutein in avocados helps in protecting against cataracts and macular degeneration
These are just some of benefits of avocados . Not only are the beneficial avocados when consumed, but are also used topically for skin benefit and hair.
Avocados are most beneficial when ripe. Overripe avocados are darker in color, almost a dark brown or black. When a fair avocado should be a nice bright green peel. If there is some dark brown spots when peeled, it is overripe. It is best to buy avocados non-mature and can be allowed to ripen at home at room temperature. To ripen faster you can be stored in a bag with apples or bananas. To stop the ripening process can store avocado in your refrigerator.
The post Benefits of avocados: Health Benefits Avocados, appeared first here : http://www.healthextremist.com/benefits-of-avocados-health-benefits-of-avocados-2/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=benefits-of-avocados-health-benefits-of-avocados-2