Cholesterol is a fat found in the blood of all animals and is necessary for the proper functioning of cell membranes and hormone production. Although there are health problems associated with low cholesterol but very rare. Because our body also produces all the cholesterol we need, so there is no need to consume too much. The consumption of different types of foods high cholesterol in excess, shown to increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Cholesterol is only found in food products made from animals, and therefore tend to be vegetarians than nonvegetarians lower cholesterol levels. daily value of dietary cholesterol the body needs based on nutritional adequacy rate is 300 mg. Here are 15 kinds of foods high in cholesterol should not be too often consume listed.
1. Yolk: have very high levels of cholesterol, which is 1234 mg per serving of 100 grams, or 411% of the recommended daily amount. Single egg yolk cholesterol give 210 mg (70% RDA), while the intact eggs provide a little more with 212 mg (71% RDA). Therefore all cholesterol in eggs is in the yolk. Eggs does not mean you should not eat at all, it’s just that when you have been eating eggs in the morning, you should avoid any foods high in cholesterol as lunch and dinner.
2. Caviar :. Foods made from fish eggs are high in cholesterol is 588mg / 100 g (196% RDA), or about 94 mg of cholesterol (31% RDA) per tablespoon
3. liver: cholesterol is produced in the liver, so be it contains a lot of cholesterol. Beef hearts containing 564 mg of cholesterol per 100 grams or 188% of the RDA.
4. Butter: You can find foods that use butter as cakes, cookies, bread, etc. 100 grams of butter contains cholesterol as much as 215 mg (72% RDA) and a tablespoon of butter contains about 30 mg of cholesterol (10% RDA).
5. Shrimps: 100 grams of shrimp contains 195 mg of cholesterol (65% RDA)
6. . Seafood: the following foods high in cholesterol can be eaten raw, baked, steamed, fried, and so on. Shellfish is a very delicious seafood, but not consume excessive because in 100 grams of seafood contain about 105 mg of cholesterol (35% RDA).
7. Langosta :. 3 ounces of lobster contains 61 mg of cholesterol (20% RDA)
8. beef tenderloin :. 4-ounce rib-eye contains cholesterol 66 mg (22% RDA)
9. fast foods like French fries, shakes and cheese burger is also a diet high in cholesterol. Therefore, it should not be too often consumed. For cheese hamburger contains about 100 mg cholesterol (33% RDA).
10. Fish oil: Although it is considered good for heart health, fish oil also contains a cholesterol enough high. It contains an average of 142 mg (47% RDA) of cholesterol per 100 g.
11. Cheese: This is a source of protein and calcium, but can add flavor gets more delicious food. However, the average cheese contains high levels of cholesterol is about 123 mg (41% RDA) per 100 grams of cheese.
12. processed meat: The total cholesterol in processed meat depends on the form processing and materials used, such as sauces and oils. For the size of the raw meat of sheep and ducks are quite high cholesterol.
13. Ice: For those of you who love ice cream for dessert, do you know that a cup of ice cream has more fat than a burger cholesterol and 10 donuts. We recommend that you replace ice cream with fresh fruit and ice cream desserts. Because the fresh fruit is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins and nutrients you really need, and is one of the foods to lower cholesterol are very good.
14. fried chicken: chicken Although generally regarded as a low-fat meat choices were quite good, but how to prepare or cook can make these foods contain cholesterol and high fat. For example, a chicken leg with skin contains more fat and cholesterol than a cup of ice cream or a hamburger. Especially when cooked by frying will increasingly turn it into a high-cholesterol foods.
15. Snack: Be careful to choose an appetizer, especially for those who have a history of cholesterol because many types of sandwiches sold in the market contain trans fats. Where trans fats can alter healthy foods, become foods high in cholesterol. 15 foods high in cholesterol , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2015/01/15-foods-high-in-cholesterol.html
Posted in: Cholesterol