Preventing Heart Attack Ad depression with probiotics ;
heart attack patients are 3 times more likely to develop major depression compared with the general population. 1 After a first heart attack, depression increases the risk of future heart attacks. Interestingly, people with depression are more likely to develop heart disease. 15 The stress of an important event that threatens life as a heart attack may be sufficient for the development of depression causes, and doctors are more aware of the importance of monitoring of depressive disorders cardiac patients.
Recently, research has focused on the preservation of a complex connection in the brain called the limbic system. The limbic system controls emotional health, motivation and memory. 3 After a heart attack, the limbic system seems to be vulnerable to apoptosis, or cell death place. rat models have shown benefit in reducing inflammation after a heart attack as a way to reduce degradation of the limbic system. 2
When a cardiac arrest occurs, there is an increase in inflammatory signaling intended to help reduce the severity of a heart attack. When this signal is much perpetuates after cardiovascular event increases the risk of unnecessary damage to healthy brain structures. 8
Caspases are one of the many enzymes that control apoptosis, cell death with purpose, and when overstimulated can accidentally damage cells and healthy structures. 10 After a heart attack, caspsase enzyme levels are elevated in minutes and remains elevated until high flash signals. 8.11 In the limbic system, caspsase consistently elevated enzymes increase the risk of damage to their delicate structures, pushing researchers to find a way to reduce this persistent elevation.
Reducing overstimulation of this enzyme that cause inflammation is a promising method for reducing the risk of depression in heart attack victims.
In addition to the tissues of the nervous system, such as the limbic system, the gastrointestinal system is also the subject of a subsequent heart attack damage. The lining of the digestive tract is the gateway from the outside world to the inner body, including the nervous system. rat models have shown promise in the support of the lining of the digestive tract through probiotic supplementation pre induced myocardial infarction in reducing caspsase induced degradation of the limbic system. 8 found that rats placebo, those who received probiotics before induced heart attack, had greater amounts of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in circulation, the molecules that trigger inflammatory responses. LPS derived from gram-negative bacteria in the digestive tract. 14 transaction in the intestinal lining leads to an increased risk of LPS to enter circulation, increasing stress responses and perpetuating inflammatory signaling. 13, 14
probiotic strains have been tested in rat models to assess their ability to reduce gastrointestinal lining commitment. 8.12 Lactobacillus helveticus, Bifidobacterium longum and farciminis Lactobacullius were three specific probiotic strains protecting successfully against heart attack LPS induced increase in circulation. 8.12 rats that did not receive the probiotic mixture before his heart attack exhibited more depressive behaviors that include decreased social and sexual behaviors, reduced sleep quality and memory loss, besides having more quantifiable circulating LPS. 2.8
Probiotics have a known immune modulator effect, probably derived from the ability to displace harmful bacteria in the digestive system. This provides protection against the perpetuation of the inflammatory destruction of healthy tissues LPS induced in the body after a stressful event, including heart attacks. 7,8,10 Addressing imbalances underlying digestive flora can become a substantial way to reduce the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease limbic system degradation.
Dr. Ashley Burkman received his Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine of the National University of Health Sciences in Chicago. She is deeply rooted in classical naturopathic medicine, the practice of the belief that the human body has an innate ability to heal itself. She works with patients to the lifestyle adjustments in order to achieve long-term health. View the body as an integrated whole and address all aspects of what determines health is the cornerstone of naturopathic medicine and the practice of Dr. Burkman.
Dr. Ashley Burkman is a naturopathic physician licensed in the state of Connecticut. Commitment to the growth of their profession has led her to participate in various campaigns to expand the scope of practice for naturopathic doctors in several states. She is also a member of the Connecticut Association and American Association of Naturopathic Physicians Naturopaths.
Dr. Burkman, a native of Iowa, enjoys perusing the local farmers markets, spending time with family and friends, and finding new hiking trails to conquer. She attends comedy shows and baseball games regularly and has a soft spot for cats.
Dr. Burkman and Dr. Lauren Young Licensed Practical Naturopathic Physicians at Connecticut Natural Health Specialists, LLC in Manchester, CT. Most major health insurance accepted. new patients to call for an appointment are encouraged.
- Williams, RB. Depression after a heart attack. Depression after a heart attack . 2011. Available at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/123/25/e639.full. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Wann, BP, Bah, TM, Kaloustain, S, et al. behavioral signs of depression and apoptosis in the following limbic system: myocardial infarction effects of sertraline. ResearchGate . 2009. Available at: http://www.researchgate.net/publication/5293131_behavioural_signs_of_depression_and_apoptosis_in_the_limbic_system_following_myocardial_infarction_effects_of_sertraline. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Hesselink, JR. HE TEMPORARY LOBE and the limbic system. Available in: http://spinwarp.ucsd.edu/neuroweb/text/br-800epi.htm. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- What causes depression? – Harvard Health. Harvard Health . 2009. Available at: http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Kaloustian, S, Wann, BP, Bah, TM, et al. Apoptosis time course in the limbic system after myocardial infarction in the rat. time course in the limbic system apoptosis after myocardial infarction in rats . 2008. Available at: http://www.academia.edu/4799691/apoptosis_time_course_in_the_limbic_system_after_myocardial_infarction_in_the_rat. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Wann, BP, Bah, TM, Boucher, M. Filters result. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2007. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17245469. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Halade, GV, Ma, Y, Ramirez, TA, et al. BDNF reduction attenuates inflammation and angiogenesis to improve survival and cardiac function after myocardial infarction in mice. BDNF reduction attenuates inflammation and angiogenesis to improve survival and cardiac function after myocardial infarction in mice . 2013. Available at: http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/305/12/h1830. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Girard, S, Bah, TM, Kaloustian, S, Lada-Moldovan, L, Rondeau, I. helveticus Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium longum taken in combination reduce the propensity of the apoptosis in the limbic system after a myocardial infarction in a rat model. ProQuest . 2009. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.bridgeport.edu/docview/213829206?accountid=26484. Accessed February 14, 2015. Girard, S, Bah, TM, Kaloustian, S, Lada-Moldovan, L, Rondeau, I. helveticus Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium longum taken in combination reduce the propensity of apoptosis in the limbic system after of a myocardial infarction in a rat model. ProQuest . 2009. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.bridgeport.edu/docview/213829206?accountid=26484. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Malick, M, Gilbert, K, Barry, M, Godbout, R, Rousseau, G. desvenlafaxine reduces apoptosis in the amygdala after myocardial infarction. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2014. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25451696. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Apoptosis: Caspase routes. Apoptosis: caspase pathways . 2014. Available at: http://www.rndsystems.com/cb_detail_objectname_fa98_apoptosiscaspasepathways.aspx. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- McIlwain, DR, Berger, T, Mak, TW. functions caspases in cell death and disease. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2013. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23545416. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Ait-Belgnaoui, A, Durand, H, Cartier, C, et al. FiltersPrevention intestinal permeability results for probiotic treatment leads to attenuated HPA response to acute psychological stress in rats. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2012. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22541937. Accessed February 12, 2015.
- Alexander, C, Rietschel, ET. bacterial lipopolysaccharide and innate immunity. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2001. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11581570. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Wang, X, Quann, PG. Endotoxins: lipopolysaccharides of Gram-negative bacteria bacteriaResult filters. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2010. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20593260. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- depression and heart disease. NIMH RSS . Available in: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression-and-heart-disease/index.shtml. Accessed February 14, 2015.
This article was originally published on thenatpath, Read the original article here
visitor's tagswww reb rw2017 | www reb gov rw result 2016 | www reb rw results | www REB national Examination Results com=0&gsc q=www REB COM | national examination result 2017 | results of national examination 2017 | ww reb com | reb national examination results publication 2016 | www reb results 2017 | Reb Gov Rw | www reb rw results2017 | www reb national examination 2017 result | reb rw results 2017 | www reb examination results 2017 | ww REB Rw | www reb rw/result 2017 | www reb rwa | reb examination result review | reb exam results 2017 | Examen national result | www reb rwa examination 2017 | 2017 Reb results | reb national examination result2016 | REB 2017 Result | www reb ac rw | reb result com | www reb Co Rw | www reb rw national examination result 2017 | www reb result 2017 rwa | www R E B national examination 2017 | reb results of2017 | Reb RW Result | www reb gov rw com | www reb rw/examination results | www reb result gov bd | www reb national examination results 2017 | reb rw result 2017 | Results of 2017 REB | www Reb rw2017result | results of national exams 2017 | www reb rw exam result 2017 | Reb national examen | national examination results publication system | results of natinal examination 2017 | rwanda national examination result2016 | reb rw2017 | reb rw result 2016 | results of reb | wwww reb rw 2017 results | result of national examination2017 |
Posted in: Burkman, Depression