Preventing Heart Attack Ad depression with probiotics ;
heart attack patients are 3 times more likely to develop major depression compared with the general population. 1 After a first heart attack, depression increases the risk of future heart attacks. Interestingly, people with depression are more likely to develop heart disease. 15 The stress of an important event that threatens life as a heart attack may be sufficient for the development of depression causes, and doctors are more aware of the importance of monitoring of depressive disorders cardiac patients.
Recently, research has focused on the preservation of a complex connection in the brain called the limbic system. The limbic system controls emotional health, motivation and memory. 3 After a heart attack, the limbic system seems to be vulnerable to apoptosis, or cell death place. rat models have shown benefit in reducing inflammation after a heart attack as a way to reduce degradation of the limbic system. 2
When a cardiac arrest occurs, there is an increase in inflammatory signaling intended to help reduce the severity of a heart attack. When this signal is much perpetuates after cardiovascular event increases the risk of unnecessary damage to healthy brain structures. 8
Caspases are one of the many enzymes that control apoptosis, cell death with purpose, and when overstimulated can accidentally damage cells and healthy structures. 10 After a heart attack, caspsase enzyme levels are elevated in minutes and remains elevated until high flash signals. 8.11 In the limbic system, caspsase consistently elevated enzymes increase the risk of damage to their delicate structures, pushing researchers to find a way to reduce this persistent elevation.
Reducing overstimulation of this enzyme that cause inflammation is a promising method for reducing the risk of depression in heart attack victims.
In addition to the tissues of the nervous system, such as the limbic system, the gastrointestinal system is also the subject of a subsequent heart attack damage. The lining of the digestive tract is the gateway from the outside world to the inner body, including the nervous system. rat models have shown promise in the support of the lining of the digestive tract through probiotic supplementation pre induced myocardial infarction in reducing caspsase induced degradation of the limbic system. 8 found that rats placebo, those who received probiotics before induced heart attack, had greater amounts of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in circulation, the molecules that trigger inflammatory responses. LPS derived from gram-negative bacteria in the digestive tract. 14 transaction in the intestinal lining leads to an increased risk of LPS to enter circulation, increasing stress responses and perpetuating inflammatory signaling. 13, 14
probiotic strains have been tested in rat models to assess their ability to reduce gastrointestinal lining commitment. 8.12 Lactobacillus helveticus, Bifidobacterium longum and farciminis Lactobacullius were three specific probiotic strains protecting successfully against heart attack LPS induced increase in circulation. 8.12 rats that did not receive the probiotic mixture before his heart attack exhibited more depressive behaviors that include decreased social and sexual behaviors, reduced sleep quality and memory loss, besides having more quantifiable circulating LPS. 2.8
Probiotics have a known immune modulator effect, probably derived from the ability to displace harmful bacteria in the digestive system. This provides protection against the perpetuation of the inflammatory destruction of healthy tissues LPS induced in the body after a stressful event, including heart attacks. 7,8,10 Addressing imbalances underlying digestive flora can become a substantial way to reduce the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease limbic system degradation.
Dr. Ashley Burkman received his Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine of the National University of Health Sciences in Chicago. She is deeply rooted in classical naturopathic medicine, the practice of the belief that the human body has an innate ability to heal itself. She works with patients to the lifestyle adjustments in order to achieve long-term health. View the body as an integrated whole and address all aspects of what determines health is the cornerstone of naturopathic medicine and the practice of Dr. Burkman.
Dr. Ashley Burkman is a naturopathic physician licensed in the state of Connecticut. Commitment to the growth of their profession has led her to participate in various campaigns to expand the scope of practice for naturopathic doctors in several states. She is also a member of the Connecticut Association and American Association of Naturopathic Physicians Naturopaths.
Dr. Burkman, a native of Iowa, enjoys perusing the local farmers markets, spending time with family and friends, and finding new hiking trails to conquer. She attends comedy shows and baseball games regularly and has a soft spot for cats.
Dr. Burkman and Dr. Lauren Young Licensed Practical Naturopathic Physicians at Connecticut Natural Health Specialists, LLC in Manchester, CT. Most major health insurance accepted. new patients to call for an appointment are encouraged.
- Williams, RB. Depression after a heart attack. Depression after a heart attack . 2011. Available at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/123/25/e639.full. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Wann, BP, Bah, TM, Kaloustain, S, et al. behavioral signs of depression and apoptosis in the following limbic system: myocardial infarction effects of sertraline. ResearchGate . 2009. Available at: http://www.researchgate.net/publication/5293131_behavioural_signs_of_depression_and_apoptosis_in_the_limbic_system_following_myocardial_infarction_effects_of_sertraline. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Hesselink, JR. HE TEMPORARY LOBE and the limbic system. Available in: http://spinwarp.ucsd.edu/neuroweb/text/br-800epi.htm. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- What causes depression? – Harvard Health. Harvard Health . 2009. Available at: http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Kaloustian, S, Wann, BP, Bah, TM, et al. Apoptosis time course in the limbic system after myocardial infarction in the rat. time course in the limbic system apoptosis after myocardial infarction in rats . 2008. Available at: http://www.academia.edu/4799691/apoptosis_time_course_in_the_limbic_system_after_myocardial_infarction_in_the_rat. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Wann, BP, Bah, TM, Boucher, M. Filters result. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2007. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17245469. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Halade, GV, Ma, Y, Ramirez, TA, et al. BDNF reduction attenuates inflammation and angiogenesis to improve survival and cardiac function after myocardial infarction in mice. BDNF reduction attenuates inflammation and angiogenesis to improve survival and cardiac function after myocardial infarction in mice . 2013. Available at: http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/305/12/h1830. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Girard, S, Bah, TM, Kaloustian, S, Lada-Moldovan, L, Rondeau, I. helveticus Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium longum taken in combination reduce the propensity of the apoptosis in the limbic system after a myocardial infarction in a rat model. ProQuest . 2009. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.bridgeport.edu/docview/213829206?accountid=26484. Accessed February 14, 2015. Girard, S, Bah, TM, Kaloustian, S, Lada-Moldovan, L, Rondeau, I. helveticus Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium longum taken in combination reduce the propensity of apoptosis in the limbic system after of a myocardial infarction in a rat model. ProQuest . 2009. Available at: http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.bridgeport.edu/docview/213829206?accountid=26484. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Malick, M, Gilbert, K, Barry, M, Godbout, R, Rousseau, G. desvenlafaxine reduces apoptosis in the amygdala after myocardial infarction. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2014. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25451696. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Apoptosis: Caspase routes. Apoptosis: caspase pathways . 2014. Available at: http://www.rndsystems.com/cb_detail_objectname_fa98_apoptosiscaspasepathways.aspx. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- McIlwain, DR, Berger, T, Mak, TW. functions caspases in cell death and disease. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2013. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23545416. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Ait-Belgnaoui, A, Durand, H, Cartier, C, et al. FiltersPrevention intestinal permeability results for probiotic treatment leads to attenuated HPA response to acute psychological stress in rats. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2012. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22541937. Accessed February 12, 2015.
- Alexander, C, Rietschel, ET. bacterial lipopolysaccharide and innate immunity. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2001. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11581570. Accessed February 14, 2015.
- Wang, X, Quann, PG. Endotoxins: lipopolysaccharides of Gram-negative bacteria bacteriaResult filters. National Center for Biotechnology Information . 2010. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20593260. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- depression and heart disease. NIMH RSS . Available in: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression-and-heart-disease/index.shtml. Accessed February 14, 2015.
This article was originally published on thenatpath, Read the original article here
visitor's tagswww reb rw2017 | PRizEBoNDGAUsEPAPER | tamilnilam tn in revenue | tamilnilam tn in revenue login | worldgameplay net com | tamilnilam revenue login | We are sorry this service is not available from your jurisdiction | youtube to mp3 not available in jurisdiction | tamilnilam tn gov in/Revenue/login | http secure ssa gov apps6z folo fo001 jsp | www wda gov rw | tamilnilam tn gov in/revenue | https://secure ssa gov/apps6z/folo/fo001 | No KeySystem/CDM available | lowes cd rebate center 421976552 | www lowes com/cd_rebate center_421976552 | tamilnilam-tn-in-revenue-vao-login | were sorry this service is not available on your jurisdiction | https://secure ssa gov/apps6z/folo/fo001 jsp | tn gov in vao | Worldgameplay net/hay | sapsnkra moe gov my masuk markah | service is not available from your jurisdiction | service not available from your jurisdiction | URL - https://portal houstontx gov/irj/portal | tamilnilam tn gov/log in revenue | examination results form four 2015/16 | mediacombb net mail | tamilnilam tn gov in | yhs-acer_001 | tamilnilam csc login | tamilnilam tn gov revenue | tamilnilam tn gov in/revenue/login/http | tamilnilam tn gov | tamilnilam tn gov in login | dss ca ccld hcs registry | https://secure ssa gov/RIL/SiView do | https://secure ssa gov/RIL/Si do | dayashreya pragancy fanfiction in cid | Folo Nia 12 | gce examination2017 | http //www lowes com/cd rebate center 421976552 | http //www lowes com/cd_Rebate Center_421976552_ | https://www lowes com/cd_Rebate Center_421976552 | incentkamakathaikal | login tamilnilam tn gov in/Revenue | no key system/cdm available sky ticket | no keysystem/cdm available sky | queens are born in September 22 wallpaper | Rwanda national examination 2015 |
Posted in: Burkman, Depression