Diabetes can be controlled by adopting a healthy and balanced life, it is to pay attention to diet or the diet . This is of course the fact that normal levels of blood sugar and prevent complications of diabetes, which can develop when glucose levels in the blood are not controlled. Therefore, it is important for diabetics to know what foods to eat and foods to avoid. Foods that contain lots of sugar and fat are best avoided if you suffer from diabetes, and therefore there are a lot of foods to avoid, or at least strictly limited consumption.
Diet diabetes is made, largely determine the type of food consumed by people everyday foods. These foods are grouped into a healthy diet for people with diabetes. healthy food for people with diabetes mellitus, in this case a type of food that will not cause an increase in levels of blood sugar, but maintaining or even lowering blood sugar levels.
As you already know about healthy eating with diabetes generally good food consumed by people is a lot of fiber and potassium. What foods contain carbohydrates? It is not a carbohydrate energy producers for the body? Below you are given a list of foods that are included in the category of foods to avoid people with diabetes. (Read causes of diabetes )
1. Candy: not only foods high in sugar such as candy, cakes, syrup has a low nutritional value, but carbohydrates low quality is also caused a dramatic increase in levels of blood sugar and can contribute to weight gain, which you may exacerbate the complications of diabetes mellitus. Learning to satisfy your sweet tooth by snacking on high carbohydrate quality, such as fresh fruit. Apples, pears, grapes, oranges and all have a sweet, juicy and packed with fiber to help slow the absorption of glucose flavor, so a better option for controlling blood sugar. When fruit snacks, you should combine with protein-rich foods, such as string cheese, nonfat yogurt or a handful of nuts, to reduce the impact on the level of blood sugar.
2. Fruit juice: While whole fruit is a healthy, fiber-rich choice and good carbohydrates for diabetics, the same it can not be said of fruit juice. But 100 percent fruit juice, which is loaded with sugar will cause a sharp rise in blood sugar levels rise. Avoid a glass of fruit juice and choose the whole fruit will help to maintain normal levels of blood sugar and fill your body with fewer calories, which ultimately helps you lose weight.
3. Raisins: to eat raisins or other dried fruit can be a better choice than snacking cake, but still cause an increase in the level of sugar in the blood. Why? Because during the dehydration process, natural fruit sugars’ to be highly concentrated, causing an increase in levels of blood sugar when absorbed by the body.
4. Pancake: A plate of pancakes give a total carbon hydrate ovens and one of the absolute worst breakfast option for patients with diabetes mellitus. Most giant sized pancakes made with flour and white addict, with coverage in making these foods should be avoided even for people with diabetes mellitus. Butter is loaded with saturated fat is also a part of these foods that can cause blockages in the blood vessels.
5. French fries: very greasy, fried foods can cause weight gain and make your level of blood sugar rise. French fries, potato chips and donuts are very poor food choices for people with diabetes because they are made with ingredients of complex carbohydrates, starch, which can cause glucose levels in the blood increase dramatically. Fried foods absorb more oil, causing extra calories in fried foods dalamnya.Banyak also loaded with trans fats are unhealthy because they had been fried in hydrogenated oils, which increase bad cholesterol and increase the risk of heart disease. Do you already have diabetes or are trying to avoid simply no safe amount of trans fat in your diet incorporated, so it is best to check the label and keep hydrogenated oils away from your plate.
6. white bread, white rice, white pasta, and anything made with white flour. For example, sugar, refined starch interferes with glucose control and should be avoided by people with diabetes. Whole grains are a better option because they are rich in fiber and usually do not cause an increase in blood sugar. At lunch and dinner, replacing white carbohydrates with healthy whole grain options to minimize the impact on your blood sugar rise.
7. Milk: For people with diabetes, a diet high in saturated fat can worsen insulin resistance. Keep milk from the refrigerator, and take low fat milk or skim milk (fat) instead. Also, try to avoid dairy products such as whole milk, cream, yoghurt full fat, plain cheese and cream cheese.
8. Bacon: Meat also contains significant amounts of saturated fat, which can initiate inflammation in the body and cause a variety of side effects . Because those suffering from diabetes mellitus are at high risk of heart disease, so eating a rich fat meat whenever putting them at greater risk.
9. Cake and Pastry: The danger of this food is, they rich in sugar and flour, which impairs the ability of insulin to function properly. Not to mention these foods contain trans fats. toxic fats increase cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
Living with diabetes does not mean you have to food shortages, hungry or bored boring diet routine. Many diet for people with diabetes mellitus that can be selected. But most importantly, avoid or limit 9 above foods, because of their high fat, sodium, calories, carbohydrates or saturated or may contain trans fats. High amounts of sodium and saturated fats can cause heart disease, while the amount of carbohydrates and sugar, as well as unwanted extra calories can lead to weight gain and blood sugar. 9 Foods to avoid for diabetics , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2015/01/9-foods-that-shoud-avoid-for-diabetics.html