6 signs and symptoms of liver damage ;
The liver is responsible for many important functions, however, its ability to remove toxins harmful is vital for a healthy body. And therefore, the body is under great pressure and at high risk of infection because of their key role in removing toxins. So to prevent liver disease or hepatitis, it is important to monitor the proper functioning of the liver. However, in some cases, learn about the major signs of liver damage may help diagnose the disease at an early stage and prevent its progression to failure liver . Our expert Dr. Akshay Challani, intensive care specialist and Medical Clinic Akshjyot, New Bombay reveals some of the key early signs that your liver is in trouble.
1. Loss of appetite: One of the first signs of a liver problem is lack of appetite as any damage to the liver leads to accumulation of toxins in the body. Moreover, it also hinders the absorption of vitamins and minerals that may indicate weakness and fatigue worsening of the condition. So if you have been suffering from loss of appetite for more than a week, it is advisable to get yourself tested.
2. Nausea and vomiting: Another common symptom of liver damage is nausea and vomiting that toxic overload is mainly attributed in the liver. This, in turn, causes other problems indigestion and stomach or main persistent vomiting. Also, if you have been experiencing nausea or vomiting immediately after eating or drinking anything, it’s time to consult your doctor.
3. The discoloration of the eyes: A vital sign of jaundice or hepatitis is yellowing of the eyes and skin. However, if there is a general discoloration of the eyes, especially in the morning, then it could mean liver damage. Therefore, it is important to carefully monitor changes in the eyes, as it could be one of the few early signs that occur if your liver is not working properly.
4. Dark urine: There increased production of bile salts, the lack of enzymes to decompose these salts leads to the accumulation of bile pigments in the body, It causes excretion through urine and feces. As these pigments are a bit dark, changes in urine color light yellow to dark yellow, which is a visible sign of liver damage. And when combined with the change in eye color, it is a telltale sign of a story of jaundice or hepatitis. Here’s more of what your urine says about your health .
5. Abdominal pain and swelling: The liver is located in the upper right abdomen. And therefore, no significant pain or discomfort in this area could be a clear sign of liver damage. In addition to this, distended abdomen may indicate liver inflammation, indicating the need to visit a doctor as soon as possible to rule out any serious liver problem. Read more about 5 types of stomachache and indicated.
6. Swollen feet: Yes, many people are unaware of the fact that liver damage may manifest as swelling of the feet or edema. This is due to the inability of the liver to remove toxins, causing the accumulation of these waste products that impede blood flow. As these products are deposited in different parts of the body, mainly in the feet, swelling of the feet it is one of the first signs of liver damage.
If you are an alcoholic, eating unhygienic food or recently suffered from jaundice or liver infection, then you are more likely to suffer from liver as damge comapred to a normal healthy individual. So if expereicne any of these symptoms, do not ignore it but consutl your doctor immediately. Also read about common causes of liver disease .
Image Source: Shutterstock
This article was originally published on thehealthsite, Read the original article here