Our body contains, believe it or not, 1 to 2.2 kg of calcium and calcium is the fifth element row present in the human body. About 99% of which is included within the bones and teeth, mainly as apatite (mineral class calcium phosphate), and less in the form of calcium carbonate. The remaining 1% of calcium circulating in the blood and is involved in important functions in the body.
This means that if we are not entering products rich in calcium then the body “takes the loan” or “steal” from the bones (because it is the most abundant), which undoubtedly reflected in the quality of teeth and bones. Teeth begin to spoil what the toothache and visiting the dentist, not to mention osteoporosis and osteopenia.
daily requirement of calcium in the body depends on the age. Children, whose body is in the process of growth, need 1.2-1.5 g, middle-aged people need about 1.0 g, while those over 50 need more calcium, ie approximately 1.5 g.
Calcium is present in many products, but some of them are in such a way that is difficult or can not be used by the body. For example, from the total of calcium found in carrots it is used only 13.4%, which means that you need to eat about 700 g of carrots to be able to get the body only a quarter of the required daily amount. Who could eat that carrot? But calcium is well absorbed from milk and dairy products (except butter here). Goat milk and goat cheese are richer in calcium than cow’s milk, and the daily dose of calcium the body can be served with only 0.5 liters of goat milk or goat cheese 100g.
richer in calcium are cabbage, beans and almonds, while you can also find in sesame seeds and lentils. Excellent source of calcium are soft bones of anchovies and salmon.
The following table summarizes the values of the calcium content in 100 g of some products.
|Products||calcium per 100 grams||Products||calcium per 100 grams|
|poppy||1,460 mg||cow’s milk||130 mg|
|Sesame||1,400 mg||Cottage Cheese||80mg|
|nettle||713 mg||Fish||30-90 mg|
|sardines in oil||330 mg||bran bread||60 mg|
|rosehip||257 mg||Meat||<50 mg|
|Almond||252 mg||Beets||<50 mg|
|Hazelnuts||226 mg||dry soybean||201 mg|
After all this, there is no need to write about the lack calcium in the body, but you should know that excess calcium has its drawbacks. For example, if calcium-rich water is drunk, or if consumed during preparations while they are rich in calcium and calciferol (vitamin D) , which can lead to the appearance of hypercalcemia whose symptoms include loss appetite, constant thirst for water, emesis, vomiting, weakness, convulsions (seizures), and increased deposition of calcium in the internal organs especially the kidneys, muscles and blood vessels.
is important to know that taking calcium in the body depends on several factors, including the mutual relationship of fat in food fatty acids, protein, vitamin D (calciferol), magnesium and phosphorus.
Calcium is absorbed from the stomach using a fatty acid and bile acids. It is considered that only 1 g of fat is necessary to achieve satisfactory absorption of 10 to 15 mg of calcium. Therefore, excess or lack of fat exacerbates calcium absorption. Calcium absorption is compounded by the lack of proteins, and lack of vitamin D.
The best relationship between calcium and magnesium is 1: 0.6. This is the relationship of these two elements in sardines, black tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, garlic, beans, pears, apples, grapes and raspberries. The proportion of calcium and magnesium in low fat quark is 1: 0.15, in milk is 1: 0.1, while in the bread and meat is about 1: 2.
and the best ratio of calcium and phosphorus should be 1: 1.5. Very close to this ratio is in low fat quark, cucumber, garlic, grapes. In some products, such as relationship cheese, milk, pork, beef or chicken meat calcium and phosphorus does not meet the needs of the body and therefore also these products should be consumed in combinations such as bread with cheese, meat with vegetables, etc.
Calcium absorption difficult oxalic acid-rich products, and improves the presence of citric acid and lactose. Oxalic acid is found in spinach, beets, chocolate.
Notice: calcium is lost by heat treatment of the products. For example, boiling, vegetables lose about 25% of calcium and therefore water may not be disposed. It can be used for delicious meals. That loss will be less.
This article was originally published on forhealthbenefits.com, Read the original article here