women often use body waxing to achieve a hair-free body. Unlike shaving, waxing can leave smooth and soft skin for weeks, but only if you do it correctly, dermatologists say.
at Home The wax is a safe and effective way to remove unwanted body hair
“At home waxing can be a cost effective method for hair removal, but it is important to take precautions,” said board-certified dermatologist Jessica Krant J., clinical assistant professor of dermatology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center. “Never wax sunburned or sensitive skin, and do not wax if you have taken isotretinoin in the last six months. In addition, it may be a good idea to Brazilian waxes professionals, because the skin in that area it is particularly delicate. ”
‘home waxing can be a cost effective method for hair removal, but it is important to take precautions, dermatologists recommend. “
For the best technique and results, Dr. Krant recommends the following tips:
1. Ensure that the optimal length hair: Before waxing, make sure your hair is approximately one-quarter to three-quarters of an inch long. If the hair is longer, set to a shorter length with scissors security for waxing will be less complicated and painful.
2. Avoid creams with retinoids before waxing: Avoid using products for skin care over-the-counter retinol containing retinoids and prescription of two to five days before waxing your face to avoid elimination skin along with his hair.
3. Reduce the discomfort: From waxing can be painful for some people, consider ways to reduce discomfort. Take nonprescription pain relievers, such as ibuprofen, or applying cold compresses to the skin about 30 minutes before waxing can help.
4. Wash and dry the area: Before waxing, gently wash the area that is about to wax to remove dirt, dead skin cells and products for skin care. Then your skin will dry thoroughly. the clean, dry skin allows the wax to adhere properly.
5. Heat the wax: Follow the instructions on the package, and always test the wax temperature by applying a small amount on the inside of your wrist. It should be hot, but not hurt or burn.
6. Apply the wax: Apply the wax to a small part of your skin with unwanted hair. For best results, always spread the wax in the direction of hair growth.
7. Apply the fabric strip: Once the wax is applied, place the fabric strip over the wax and press down firmly. Leave the cloth for two or three seconds.
8. Remove the fabric strip: To remove, keep your skin taut with one hand and with the other hand to pull the fabric quickly in the opposite direction of hair growth. If you are waxing a difficult place to reach, such as the armpits, ask for help from a friend or relative to help you.
9. Ponte cream: After waxing, soothe the skin by applying cold compresses if you have pain, avoid hot baths and showers, wear loose clothing and apply moisturizer that will not clog pores. Look for moisturizers labeled “oil-free” or “non-comedogenic”.
“If you follow the instructions, waxing at home is a safe and effective way to remove unwanted body hair,” said Dr. Krant. “However, if you experience redness or swelling after waxing lasts longer than two days, consult a board-certified dermatologist.”
This article was originally published on medindia.net
Posted in: health news