Romero has many health benefits. Rosemary is a type of herb that is currently used for headaches, digestive disorders and depression (of course, plus it can be used as a flavor enhancer in the kitchen). Romero can be a stimulus for the brain, as it can lead to oxygen-rich blood supply to the brain to improve brain function. He mentioned that rosemary contains powerful antioxidants that are thought to overcome free radicals, and shows anti-tumor activity and anti-cancer.
Rosemary is an evergreen shrub aromatic. It is usually used to season food. Leaves only 2-4 cm in length and width of the sheet of 2-5 mm, purple or blue flowers and classified in the family Lamiaceae. Plant that originated in the Mediterranean and Asia is also suitable for planting in cold climates.
Romero is used to flavor salads, soups, baked vegetables and meat dishes, rosemary tea is a drink popular flavor in the Mediterranean region, tomato soup yet more delicious by adding rosemary, fresh rosemary leaves mixed with olive oil and use it to butter the bread.
Romero has been researched and developed by some experts. Based on the study results, rosemary leaf containing 1-25% essential oil, borneol 16-20%, 1.8% in the same, chineol 30%, 7% acetic bornyl, Champor 15-255 and oils essential. Besides containing several bioactive compounds, in 100 grams of rosemary contained 317 mg iron, 6.65 mg of calcium and vitamin B6 0.336. Oil is also rich in omega-3 is good for brain development.
1 . anti inflamantory. Romero contains two important ingredients, caffeic acid and rosmarinic acid, which are responsible for various therapeutic actions. Both these acids are potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. They help reduce inflammation that contributes to asthma, liver disease and heart disease.
2. As antioxidant. Natural acids present in rosemary help in protecting the body’s cells against free radical damage as monoterpenes, phenolic diterpenes and flavonoids. A rich source of vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), another potent antioxidant, rosemary helps fight free radical.
3. Helps protect DNA against damage from free radicals. Scientists at the Cancer Research Institute of the Academy of Sciences of Slovakia, the Czech Republic, have found that rosemary helps protect DNA against damage from free radicals.
4. Romero inactive as estrogen hormone estrone and estradiol, which are responsible for breast cancer, by stimulating liver enzymes.
5. Italian researchers have found that rosemary extract protects a protective protein called HSP70 helps reduce damage to the skin due to stress, free radicals and other toxins.
6. Skin health. Rosemary extract helps prevent skin damage related to age, such as wrinkles, by protecting the individual components of skin cells.
7. French researchers from the National Institute of Agronomic Research, Dijon, say the rosemary extract stimulates detoxifying enzymes, such as cytochrome P450, glutathione transferase and quinone reductase, to remove toxins from the liver, outside the body.
8. Rosemary extract, when consumed on a daily basis, improving kidney function, increases the flow of urine and retains essential minerals such as sodium, potassium and chlorium.
9. Rosemary oil is used to stimulate hair growth, boost mental activity, relieve breathing problems and pain, and reduce disturbances in the menstrual cycle, menstrual cramps, peptic ulcers, urine flow, prostate, gallbladder, intestine, sperm mobility, leukemia and kidney stones
10. Rosemary may also help keep the digestive tract and soothe the stomach, reduce spasms and cramps in the intestines and relieve stiffness or fullness.
11. Romero can stretch the muscles, nerves, reduce stress, anxiety and pain throughout the body. Therefore, rosemary can also be useful for someone who is experiencing the treatment of headache, migraine, depression, fatigue, anxiety and apathy.
Romero Health Benefits and Nutrition Fact , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2013/05/rosemary-health-benefits-and-nutrition.html
Posted in: Herbs and Spice