If you have a child at home, you should have seen the number of times that fall prey to cold and cough. In fact, sore throat in children is a common occurrence. Usually it is caused by a bacterial infection or a viral infection which the developing immune system must learn to fight. Usually, sore throat resolves itself after some time without complications in children. However, at some point that could lead to high fever or flu-like symptoms. That requires treatment with antibiotics. However, the frequent prescription of antibiotics can have a long term impact on the health of children. It is recommended to stay away from such drugs and instead simple home remedies are sought as a solution for sore throat .
The causes of sore throat may be several. It depends on the child’s age, geographic area to which they belong, as well as the climate of the region where one presides.
When the person who already has a cold or a sore throat, sneezing or blowing the nose, touching other people or the door or table, spread pathogens directly.
When children are suffering from a sore throat, there are several symptoms that appear before or at the time to announce such a condition:
When one is suffering from a sore throat, it is uncomfortable, especially because it is rough and painful when you have to swallow anything, particularly cold and harsh substances. The sore throat is usually caused by the throat to swell causing discomfort.
When you have a cold and runny nose, nasal congestion leads to the mouth is kept open for the throat becomes dry and pain throat develops:
• it is best to use decongestants before one hits the bed
• a solution of mild salt prepared with warm water and used to clean the nose nasal saline spray help to maintain clear nasal passages
is better that children are advised to stay in bed is:
• A as rest saving more energy to counter sore throat
• to keep warm and sleeping in will help you recover faster
is imperative that children are taught to gargle with warm warm water when they have a sore throat:
• gargling with salt and warm water will help soothe the throat
• sage is a herb that can be added to water hot and its extract is used to gargle
• turmeric and salt added to warm hot water also help reduce infection in the throat
it is known as an excellent remedy for sore throat. It can be used in the following ways to provide relief:
• Apple cider vinegar added to hot water with honey can be taken as a drink
• The mixed with salt in warm water vinegar can be used as a solution to gargle
If your child is over two years old and is willing to experiment you can do the following mixture:
• spicy radish
One teaspoon of each ingredient should be mixed with hot water and drink to get relief.
is best to provide plenty of vitamin C to your child as citrus fruits and juices:
• juice lemon added to hot
water • lemon juice, honey and warm water would make a refreshing drink for one suffering from sore throat
This is a favorite remedy for children:
• Have a juice bar can help numb the throat infection
• chunks of ice should be allowed to melt in the mouth
children should be encouraged to take warm or hot liquids such as:
• hot chocolate
• nutritional drinks
• homemade soups
While children might not be willing to suck pieces of ginger, which is beneficial for sore throat, you can choose:
• the flavored hard candies ginger
• Sweet, licorice
These are known to work in sore throat.
The best they can do children to take hot showers or steam, at least, is as follows:
• The hot steam helps open the nasal passages
• the steam moistens the throat and provides relief
When children suffer from a sore throat during the winter it is best:
• wrap in warm clothes
• Keep the cover and throat warm with a quilt or scarf
children face decline appetite when they have a cold. If you have a sore throat that will not eat solids. You have to give them
• Over fluids to keep hydrated system and flooded with toxins
• Hot liquids like soups and stews complement the lack of solid and maintain nutritional levels
is your child suffering from a sore throat is? You want to avoid antibiotics that may have adverse consequences? Opting for these simple but effective home remedies.
This article was originally published on myhealthtips