Having trouble sleeping? Naturally Increase Melatonin and sleep Better;
Many have difficulty getting a good night dream, even if I had enough time in the day to get 8 or more hours of rest, many have difficulty falling asleep or waking often during the night. If you have trouble sleeping, you’re not alone, it is estimated that one third of Americans have trouble sleeping every night and over 50% have problems for at least several times a week.
One possible cause is the decreased level of melatonin in your body. Melatonin levels can be affected very easily and can leave due to environmental factors such as sleeping with bright lights.
When you think back to what is natural, hundreds of years not staying up late does at night with artificial light, using laptops, or watch TV before bedtime, in of the human body uses daylight to determine when it was time to sleep and when it was time to wake up. When this time is altered can lead to disruption of circadian rhythms.
With just a few simple changes you will be able to naturally increase melatonin, which will help you get a good night’s sleep.
Melatonin is a natural hormone produced in the pineal gland. The production of melatonin is what allows the body to relax and causes sleepiness during the night, the level decreases in the early morning.
melatonin production can easily be affected by environmental factors, including using artificial light and stress, which make it more difficult to sleep.
With the number of people using cell phones, watch TV or use your laptop just before going to sleep, it is not surprising that many are low in melatonin and would benefit from increasing.
Studies have shown melatonin numerous amount of health benefits. The hormone melatonin has been shown to increase the immune system and have anti-cancer benefits. Not only it inhibits the proliferation of cancer cells but also activate cells to self-destruct (apoptosis) cancer.
Melatonin is also a potent antioxidant, reduces the level of bodies of oxidative stress and reduces inflammation.
The most common cause of melatonin decline is due to exposure to light. Unless your going to bed at 20:00 or 18:00 in the winter, which is using some sort of artificial light.
Research has shown that exposure to artificial light at night inhibits the production of melatonin. Even just being exposed to normal room light can suppress melatonin.
However, melatonin is the most affected by the “blue” light, which is emitted from cell phones, computer screens and televisions.
Whether you already checked your phone for a minute before going to bed or watch TV for a few hours, studies show that the effect is the same and the pump melatonin your body will not give reverse when their devices are turned on.
There are also other factors that can influence melatonin production, including high levels of stress and caffeinated food consumption.
With these simple tips you can naturally increase melatonin and should be able to get a good night’s sleep.
1. Go to bed early – Make sure you get a full night’s sleep in order to allow your body to go through all the stages of sleep and not to disrupt the circadian rhythm. If possible, try to lower the lighting in your home as it approaches night and minimize the use of computers and especially just before bedtime television.
2. Sleeping in the dark -. Completely black tone would be best, be sure to cover alarm clocks or small lights on electronic devices, and the use of curtains opaque windows
3. Avoid sugar and high caffeine – Several studies have shown that people with diets high in caffeine, sugar and processed foods tend to have even lower levels of melatonin
4. Meditate -Allow yourself some quiet time before going to bed and practice deep breathing. Meditation has been shown to help boost the production of melatonin.
5. Reduce stress – High levels of stress in suppressing melatonin production and secretion of growth hormone
6. Eat cherries -Several foods naturally contain melatonin. To increase melatonin, the most powerful is the tart cherry. Other foods that increase melatonin levels include turkey, chicken and almonds.
You can also buy melatonin supplements to increase melatonin. However, natural forms give try it first to see if you can eliminate what may be causing low melatonin. Melatonin can be very useful for some who still have trouble sleeping. Studies have shown that melatonin helps people fall asleep faster, stay asleep, and avoid fatigue during the day.
tried any of these tips to naturally increase melatonin?
The post Having trouble sleeping? Naturally Increase Melatonin and sleep Better, appeared first here : http://www.healthextremist.com/have-trouble-sleeping-naturally-increase-melatonin-and-sleep-better/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=have-trouble-sleeping-naturally-increase-melatonin-and-sleep-better