7 symptoms of male menopause or andropause, you should know! ;
Aging brings a number of medical ailments and problems that are sometimes difficult to treat. Like menopause becomes a difficult phase for women, for men is andropause or male menopause. Andropause usually strikes men over 50 or 60 years and is part of the aging process. The phase is marked with low testosterone , responsible for male sexual health hormone. The symptoms of testosterone deficiency are rarely noticeable in most men, but some may suffer in silence its consequences. Here are some of the symptoms of testosterone deficiency you should know:
1. Low libido: The first thing going for a jog due to low testosterone level is the sexual desire of a man. As one of the functions of the hormone is to increase libido and improve sperm count to assist in the process of conception .
2. Weight gain: Not all men can turn andropause overweight, but men who suffer from obesity can see the scales up. This is because obesity makes aging a tiring process leading to hypogonadism, where the gonads produce less testosterone. Obesity alone is a contributor of low testosterone. As they age obese men testosterone levels go down. In addition, the hypothesis that age testosterone is converted to estrogen (female reproductive hormone) disrupting the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in older obese men is formulated. This alters the composition of the body where fat is stored in the body .
3. Hair Loss Baldness can also be a sign of andropause like low testosterone can also lead to hair loss and baldness
4. the loss of muscle mass and bone density . Since testosterone helps in building the lack of muscle mass adequate testosterone can result in flabby arms more fat and obesity course. Indeed, testosterone is also responsible for delivering bone strength and density. Andropause makes one prone to diseases such as osteoarthritis and fractures also  man.
5. Depression :. Low testosterone can not be directly related to depression, but lack of sexual desire, fatigue and other health problems can lead to some symptoms of depression
6 . fatigue This is one of the classic symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Lethargy, lack of sleep and general fatigue can make it difficult to cope with fatigue.
7. enlarged prostate In addition to testosterone deficiency enlarged prostate is also a classic symptom of andropause. “With the onset of andropause, the prostate gland begins to grow and becomes more difficult. The men, who live beyond 60 will receive an enlargement and hardening of the prostate gland. However, the amount increases size depends from person to person. enlarged prostate can be as small as 35 gm or as large as 650 g. the average size is about 60 g. the prostate gland wraps around the neck of the bladder. for therefore, when the prostate gland begins to grow, this neck is tightened so it is difficult for the male to urinate, “he says Dr. Anup Ramani, Uro-Oncology and robotic Surgeon, Lilavati, Breach Candy, . the Saifee Hospital
Some of the typical symptoms of enlarged prostate include:
Both the conditions of low testosterone levels and prostate enlargement are treatable, either with drugs or hormone replacement therapy. Your doctor or urologist is the right person to make a decision for your condition. In some cases, you may need surgery for an enlarged prostate.
 Tan, R. S., and Pu, S. J. (2002). Impact of obesity on hypogonadism andropause. International Journal of Andrology 25 (4), 195-201.
 Fink, H. A., Ewing, S. K., Ensrud, K. E., Barrett-Connor, E., Taylor, B. C, Cauley, J. A., and Orwoll, E. S. (2006). Association testosterone and estradiol deficiency with osteoporosis and rapid bone loss in older men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 91 (10), 3908 to 3915.
Image Source: Shutterstock
This article was originally published on thehealthsite, Read the original article here