So far, we only know that milk is the highest source of calcium. In fact, there are many other foods rich in calcium than milk, such as broccoli, sardines or almonds. In addition, for some people, the milk will cause an allergy. But before discussing more about the sources of calcium-rich foods, we must first know what is calcium and functions of our body.
Calcium (Ca) is one of the macro minerals, the mineral that the body needs more than 100 mg per day. The main function of calcium is involved in the formation of bones and teeth. Calcium is a mineral that is essential for humans, such as the body’s metabolism, the connection of nerves, heart action, and muscle movement.
Calcium deficiency can lead to bone growth problems and osteoporosis. After the age of 20 years, the human body begins to experience a shortage of calcium to 1% per year. And after 50 years of age, the amount of calcium in the body is reduced to 30%. The loss will reach 50% upon reaching the age of 70 years and beyond have problems with calcium deficiency.
Here they are some benefits of calcium for humans:
- Active neuronal
- blood circulation
- flex muscle
- normalize blood pressure
- blood acidity balance
- maintain the balance of body fluids
- preventing osteoporosis (brittle bones)
- preventing diseases heart
- reduces the risk of colon cancer
- cramps improvement, back pain, hemorrhoids, and rheumatic
- complaints management during menstruation and menopause
- minimize bone loss during pregnancy and lactation
- the mineralization of teeth and helps prevent tooth root bleeding
- Cope with dry, cracked feet and hands skin
- Restoration decreased libido / weakened
- overcoming diabetes (the pancreas is activated)
almonds are not only famous for its vitamin E, nuts also contribute about 70-80 mg of calcium.
The main ingredient of soy tofu, is recommended as a source of calcium for substitute milk.
Cheese made with milk ingredients very well taken by the body. Select the Parmesan cheese that has the highest content of calcium and other types of cheese.
Besides milk, other good sources of calcium include green vegetables. For maximum calcium, spinach and broccoli are the right choice.
5. White beans white bean has a high calcium content. There are 442 mg calcium per 100 grams.
6. Dried fruits Nuts are able to offer up to 135 mg of calcium in each 5 pieces.
7. Horseradish A cup of boiled radish is charged with about 200 mg of calcium.
8. Broccoli In a cup of broccoli, there are 180 mg of calcium.
9. Quinoa One cup of cooked quinoa has offered about 60 to 100 mg of calcium. Furthermore, quinoa also contains a number of potassium, zinc, and proteins.
One cup of cooked without salt soy, providing 261 mg of calcium.
Salmon are loaded with healthy fats and proteins. It turns out that, three ounces of canned salmon bones contain as much as 181 mg of calcium.
eight-ounce servings of low-fat yogurt has 415 mg calcium and absorb more calcium the body of the milk with the same amount.
Oranges not only contain vitamin C, but also to provide 60 mg of calcium.
This type of milk has about 300 mg of calcium, if served without .
In addition to having a high carbohydrate content, a bowl of oatmeal also contains 105 mg calcium. The food is also good for the heart is also rich in fiber and is quite nice to digestion.
A cup of kale has 90 mg of calcium, which means 3.5 cups of cabbage curly it would be more beneficial than a glass of milk.
processed fish is able to meet the needs of up to 33 percent calcium in the body. sardine consumption at least once a week.
18. Sesame seeds
One ounce sesame seeds fortified with 280 mg of calcium, one amount almost equivalent to a glass of milk.
One cup of cooked spinach has 245 mg.
One cup of raw seaweed containing 136 mg.
21. cabbage or cauliflower
A cup of cooked cabbage or cabbage contains 94 mg.
22. Brazil nuts
Two ounces of Brazil nuts contain 90 mg.
Two cups of raw celery has 81 mg.
One medium papaya contains 73 mg.
25. Collard Greens
One cup of cooked cabbage leaves contains 266 mg. 25 Calcium Rich Food List As milk replacer , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2013/10/25-calcium-rich-foods-list-as-milk.html
Posted in: minerals