Strategies to help manage depression ;
Depression, it made an estimated 350 million people around the world, but, although depression is a challenge, is manageable. With proper treatment tools and coping, you can manage your depression and take control of your life. Here is a list of strategies that can be used to help manage their depression.
- Knowing that depression is not a sign of weakness.
- Do not be afraid to seek help. Too often, the stigma surrounding mental illness prevents people from getting the treatment they need.
- Do not struggle in silence. Make sure you have people who can speak, whether a friend, a parent, a therapist or support group.
- Be patient. The change is not immediate; time and effort is needed.
- Make a list of things that make you smile and stick with it. This could consist of funny videos, songs you like, inspirational quotes, or a friend who makes you laugh. When we feel depressed, consult this list to lift the spirits.
- Explore other treatments if traditional treatments are not working for you. Yoga, meditation and other treatments can be very beneficial for those struggling with depression.
- connect instantly by engaging all your senses. Be aware of what is happening in the present moment can help you out of your head and away from negative thoughts.
- participate in healthy activities that are fun or relaxing for you, such as gardening, drawing, or playing with a pet.
- Spend some time outdoors and nature. This can improve your mood, reduce stress, anxiety, and give you energy.
- write in a journal every night.
- Schedule your day so that you keep yourself busy. Excessive downtime allows you to dwell on negative thoughts. So whether it be voluntary or enrolls in a new class, make sure your schedule prevents him from participating in positive activities.
- Exercise regularly. This can increase your mood, because exercise releases endorphins.
- surround yourself with positive people. The people you hang around most have a big impact on your life to make sure you surround yourself with people who will be a positive influence.
- Be compassionate to yourself. Remember that you are doing the best I can.
Click here for the full article on NAMI.
This article was originally published on paradigmmalibu, Read the original article here
Posted in: Teen Depression Help