5 vitamin D deficiency Symptoms You Need Know;
Are you experiencing symptoms of vitamin D deficiency?
could have a vitamin D deficiency? Unless you spend all day sunbathing, eating wild salmon or take a supplement, low levels of vitamin D are likely.
Vitamin D is one of the most common vitamin deficiencies. Approximately 70% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D! When one produced low levels could experience some of these symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
Your body can get vitamin D from UV sunlight and through diet and / or supplements.
Even with a healthy diet, it can still be difficult to maintain high enough levels to avoid a deficiency of vitamin D. Even more so if you are not eating foods rich in vitamin D. According to Dr. Bischoff-Ferrari of UZH, take two servings of fatty fish to be consumed daily in order to get an adequate amount of vitamin D through your diet.
Especially at this time of year is even more difficult to get enough vitamin D, such as exposure to the sun is an excellent source.
Although the body will store vitamin D from sun exposure during summer months, usually in mid to late winter many become weak.
With the cold winters here in New England, usually take a supplement to increase my vitamin D levels and prevent a cold or flu.
As we age, our ability to absorb vitamin D from the sun’s UV rays decreases, so that the elderly population is more likely to have low levels and experience symptoms of vitamin D deficiency .
Another reason why many do not get enough vitamin D is not receiving enough of the sun’s rays. Many are misinformed and they fear the sun because of the risk of skin cancer or the use of sunscreen.
When I went to visit my uncle last summer, I was surprised when he said that one foot was never put unless he is completely covered with sunscreen! Apparently, this is what your dermatologist instructed him to do to prevent skin cancer. Little is known, the sunscreen was loaded with cancer-causing ingredients. Luckily, after informing the absurdity of what your dermatologist said, I was able to make him change his ways.
Vitamin D is important not only for skeletal health as thought, it is also a hormone and a modulator gene . Vitamin D has a critical impact on the health and function of the body’s cells. It is also a potent inhibitor of cancer because it improves cell differentiation, which can bind to cells in an anti-cancer state. Having adequate levels of vitamin D will help prevent these symptoms of vitamin D deficiency and diseases that can be caused by deficiency.
The best way to find out if you have a deficiency of vitamin D is to take a blood test that measures the level of vitamin D in the blood. If you experience any of these symptoms of vitamin D deficiency, a blood test must be taken to determine whether low vitamin D is the cause.
symptoms of vitamin D deficiency can vary greatly; However, these foods definitely point to a deficiency.
– Low levels of vitamin D significantly decrease your immune system. If you have a weak and often with colds or flu immune system, vitamin D deficiency may be the cause. According to a study in children American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that take a very low dose of vitamin D they were 42% less likely to get the flu. Vitamin D is currently used to prevent the flu.
– Many people with muscle aches and chronic pain have a deficiency of vitamin D. A study of Arab women with fibromyalgia found that women were significantly deficient vitamin D and when given a supplement of vitamin D, a recovery was observed. According to Michael Holick, a symptom of vitamin D deficiency muscle weakness it is caused by low levels of vitamin D, such as skeletal muscles require vitamin D receptors to be supported by vitamin D.
– vitamin D deficiency has been linked to congestive heart failure. People with a vitamin D deficiency was found that they were 67% more likely to develop hypertension.
– vitamin D is found to be one of the most potent inhibitors of cancer. Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with breast, ovarian, colon, and prostate cancer. Researchers at Georgetown University Medical Center found that higher doses of vitamin D were linked to the reduction of 75 percent in the breast in general cancer growth and reduction of 50 percent in cases of tumors among those who already have the disease.
– Researchers in Finland found that supplementation of vitamin D reduces the risk of type 1 diabetes in 80 percent
There are many more symptoms of vitamin D deficiency is possible that may include fatigue, restless sleep, autoimmune diseases, constipation, headaches, etc.
Have you had any health benefits to correct a deficiency of vitamin D or get more sun?
Photo source: 1
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20219962 Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
The post 5 vitamin D deficiency Symptoms You Need Know, appeared first here : http://www.healthextremist.com/5-vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms-you-need-to-know/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=5-vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms-you-need-to-know