Do you know another source of vitamin C, plus oranges? In fact, there are several foods vitamin C fruit or vegetables higher than oranges. There are about 21 types of fruits that contain vitamin C, which is sufficient to meet your daily needs of vitamin C. Most people consider the source of vitamin C contained in oranges only. Even in some cases, some people do not want to meet vitamin C intake, because they do not like the orange fruit.
needs vitamin C is different for each person, depending on your lifestyle. In adolescents, these habits such as smoking, drinking coffee or alcohol, consumption of certain medications such as anti-seizure medications, tetracycline antibiotics, arthritis, sleep medicine, and oral contraceptives. Smoker eliminates 25% of vitamin C in the blood. And other compounds that affect nicotine and caffeine is bad. In addition to stress, fever, infection, and exercise also increases the need for vitamin C.
then recommended daily vitamin C from ods.od.nih.gov dose data.
Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for vitamin C
| 0-6 months
|| 40 mg *
|| 40 mg *
| 7-12 months
|| 50 mg *
|| 50 mg *
| 1-3 years
|| 15 mg
| 4-8 years
| 9-13 years
|| 45 mg
|| 45 mg
| 14-18 years
|| 75 mg
|| 115 mg
|| 90 mg
|| 75 mg
|| 85 mg
|| 120 mg
|| people who smoke require 35 mg / day
more vitamin C than nonsmokers.
Foods rich in vitamin C, plus oranges
- The content vitamin C in guava
the content of vitamin C in guava twice in sweet orange. If oranges is 54 milligrams of vitamin C per 100 grams, then it guava about 108 milligrams content per 100g. The fruit is beneficial for weight loss, prevent skin rashes, lower cholesterol and treat diarrhea. Guava is a fruit with higher content of vitamin C.
- The content of vitamin C in Kiwi
Vitamin C in the kiwi apparently proportional to the amount of vitamin C in guava. The content of vitamin C in kiwifruit is 100 milligrams per 100 grams. kiwi, including fruits containing high content of vitamin c. This fruit has health benefits for the prevention of heart disease and hypertension, treatment of symptoms of impotence, and maintain stamina. Other properties are able to maintain healthy skin and is suitable as a nutrient for pregnant women.
- Vitamin C in longan The vitamin C content in longan about 84 milligrams per 100 grams, still more higher than oranges. Levels of vitamin C in the longan, so this fruit with fruit rich in vitamin C. One benefit of this fruit is to cure insomnia.
- Vitamin C in papaya The levels of vitamin C in papaya may be different according to the reference. But do not worry, because it remains the average content of vitamin C in papaya is twice more than oranges. Papaya fruit has benefits to reduce the accumulation of fat in the body, helping the process of protein digestion, and improve sperm quality.
- Vitamin C in red paprika
The content of vitamin C in red paprika about 190 milligrams of 100 grams, four times more than oranges. But red paprika not classified as a fruit that can be eaten like oranges. Because known as cooking ingredients or composition of a mixed diet red paprika. So it is even better compliance oranges for immediate consumption. Utility red pepper can prevent cataracts in the eye.
- Vitamin C in broccoli
The vitamin C content in broccoli was 118 milligrams per 100 grams. Like the red pepper, broccoli is a vegetable. Broccoli has health benefits for cancer prevention, detoxification, prevention of stomach disorders and prevent heart disease. Other properties are able to care for the skin and prevent anemia.
- Vitamin C in col The vitamin C content in cabbage is 160.8 mg 2 cups. It means each cup contains at least 80.4 milligrams of vitamin C. Cabbage has health benefits can prevent cancer. You can also prevent infection because it contains vitamin C.
- Vitamin C in strawberries The content of vitamin C in strawberries is 56.7 milligrams per 100 grams, 8 consumption of strawberries every day will meet the needs of vitamin C a day. health benefits of strawberries as teeth whitening and as a natural acne remedy.
- Vitamin C in cauliflower In cauliflower, its vitamin C reached 50 milligrams per 100 grams, similar to vitamin C content in col. Cauliflower has benefits to prevent the occurrence of cancer, including colon cancer, breast cancer and tumors.
- Vitamin C in tomatoes The vitamin C content in tomatoes is 34 milligrams per 100 grams.
- Vitamin C in chile The content of vitamin C in Chile about 84 milligrams per 100 grams, chili has a spicy flavor , so rarely straight mostly eaten at a dose of 100 grams.
- The content of vitamin C in apples The content of vitamin C in apples is 5 milligrams in 100 grams. Apple has benefits to detoxify the body, stabilize the body’s immunity, and reduce body allergic.
12 Vitamin C Foods addition to oranges , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2013/10/vitamin-c-foods.html
Posted in: Vitamins