benefits Walking is not popular as other exercises such as gym and jogging. But in reality, walking helps strengthen bones, weight control and maintain the condition of the heart and lungs. Doing regular and consistent foot is one of the most important in shaping a program of healthy physical activity factors. Research shows that people who walk about 20-25 miles per week, more longevity few years than those who did not.
In addition to a free and healthy, there are many other benefits walking you never thought before. Geoff Nicholson in his book, lost art of Tourism, praised the considerable advantage of walking. In addition to the good for the physical, psychological and social health benefits, this simple activity can also change your life.
- Improving health: In terms of health, walking is one of the keys to managing weight, control blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke, breast cancer, diabetes and a myriad of other diseases. A brisk walk every day can extend your age, decreasing the risk of depression and improve mood and feelings of happiness. According to Beth Israel Medical Center, an affiliate of Harvard University hospital, walking can reduce overall levels of bad cholesterol and increase high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol.
- control blood sugar By walking activity levels of sugar or glucose in the body, then automatically operate in all cells of the body tissues . As the sugar or glucose levels are not concentrated or accumulate in the blood, so prevent diabetes. Diabetes is a disease caused by high levels of blood sugar.
- Maintaining mental fitness: From the psychological side, walk provides an opportunity to clear your mind, solve problems and reduce stress. If you like activities that require relaxation, walking can also be a means of meditation.
- healthy heart: Regular walking has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Benefits of walking can lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and raise HDL (good) and maintain blood pressure. According to the Stroke Association, brisk walking for 30 minutes can help prevent and control high blood pressure can lead to stroke and reduce the risk by 27 percent.
- Improve your posture: Benefits of walking can help strengthen and shape the legs, giving the calf which contains, thighs, hamstrings and glutes lift (gluteal muscle), especially if the additional load. But if you really pay attention to your posture when walking properly, also the waist size will be reduced.
Moreover, those of you who want to lose weight quickly, do walk fast. Brisk walking burn calories and improve metabolism. Two things are important for weight loss. Therefore, the amount of calories burned when walking really? Walking can burn about 80 calories to 100 calories per mile, depending on the speed of the march. Walking quietly burn up to 97 calories. While walking fast with passion can burn 167 calories in 30 minutes. Benefits of walking that you probably never knew before , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2014/04/benefits-of-walking-that-you-probably.html
Posted in: Exercises, Healthy Exercise, Walking