A sinus headache is now seen as a common disease that affects people around the world. It is a headache that is coupled with sinusitis. The membranes are lining your sinuses become inflamed and this condition is known as a sinus headache. You may experience a slight pressure on the cheeks, forehead and eyes. Also experience pain between the eyes and the part just above the nose. The sinus headache pain can vary from normal to severe pain and sometimes can also be a problem that is difficult to treat. As there is much confusion about this disease, since it is similar to tension headaches or migraines, it is always better to know about the kind of headache that a person is suffering and treat it according to the associated symptoms of the disease.
The causes of sinus headache
The main cause of sinus headaches is infection of the nasal cavities by bacteria or viruses.
- When infections like colds or allergic reactions such as hay fever, which affects the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses causing inflammation in the nose and sinus inflammation occurs.
- This reduces the drainage of the sinuses and fluids remain in sinus cavities, causing sinus headache and pain in the frontal area and under the eyes.
- The fluid stagnation favors the growth of bacteria and viruses in them.
- Sometimes, fungal infections can also cause sinus infection and sinus headache.
- The maxillary sinus is below the eye and located in the cheek bone, dental infections can travel to this sinus and cause sinus.
Symptoms of sinus headache
Some of the main symptoms of headache, sinus pressure include
- The pain and pressure in the affected areas of the breast as the forehead, cheeks, bridge of the nose, etc.
- The pain intensifies with straining, bending movements of the head or other head
- pain accompanied by other symptoms of sinus infection, such as runny nose, facial swelling, fever, etc.
- The nasal drainage severe infection greenish yellow occurs.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
If only sinus inflammation without infection symptoms can be different.
symptoms of inflammation without infection
- The nasal discharge will be clear
- The maxillary sinus inflammation causes pain in the upper teeth.
- The breast is tender.
What to wear for sinus headache?
There are many natural supplements that can be taken to reduce inflammation and pain associated with a sinus infection. Here are some supplements to take for headache sinus pressure.
- bromelain supplement derived from pineapples, is very effective in reducing inflammation and other symptoms of sinus headache.
- Quercetin, a flavonoid in fruits and vegetables have anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory properties and reduces the release of histamines that cause swelling. Therefore reducing inflammation and pressure in the sinuses.
- To improve the anti-inflammatory effect of these supplements, it is best used in combination with bromelain quercetin.
Home Remedies for sinus headache
There are many home remedies that you can try to relieve the headache of sinus pressure.
1) Vitamin C
Vitamin C is found to be very rich in antioxidants and also help stimulate the system immune. The antioxidants in vitamin C help in the fight against infection sinus headache. Some of the foods that are a rich source of vitamin C are:
Drink one or two cups of lemon tea every day or green tea lemon also help in reducing the symptoms associated with sinus headache.
Cinnamon is another important herb and a very popular Indian spice that will greatly assist the relief of sinus problems.
- Powder of about 1 to 2 inches cinnamon bark. Take a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and add enough water to it to make a smooth paste.
- Add one teaspoon of sandalwood powder with this paste and mix well.
- Apply this paste on the face evenly and leave it there for about 5 minutes.
- wash with water. Repeat this twice a day for a few days to get a great relief from sinus headache.
Ginger is well known that has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredient. It is also known for being a pain reliever and works very well in sinus headaches.
- Cut the fresh ginger root into thin slices and put it in a cup of boiling water. Let it sit there for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the ginger root and ginger tea drink when hot. Repeat this two or three times a day to get relief from sinus headache.
- may also chew a small piece of fresh ginger root twice a day to get relief from sinus headache.
4) Take a balanced diet
Taking a balanced diet is one of the ways you can enjoy relief from sinus headache. A balanced diet will help in the care of a lot of health problems and also help boost your immune system. Infections in your body are cleared in less amount of time if you take a balanced diet. Drinking
5) Hot water
If you are experiencing inflammation and congestion in the nose, then you can take hot to get immediate relief from swelling water. Drink plenty of warm water will also help in reducing the symptoms associated with sinus soon head.
Steam is your answer on how to treat a sinus headache at home. We will work hard to calm your mucous membrane of the nose and clear congestion. It will also help relieve the headache associated with sinus.
- Add the water in a pot and boil for about 10 minutes.
- cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam as often as possible.
- For best relief, you can add one or two drops of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil in boiling water and then inhale the steam.
7) Food spicy
eating spicy food is an excellent way to treat headache sinus pressure. The spice in food will help in clearing blockages nose and help in draining the sinuses of the nose. Once the blockage is cleared nose, immediately relieving headaches feel.
- Taking jalapeno will help ease congestion in the nose easily.
- Have some jalapeno pepper bites and eat until you see the tears in his eyes. You will feel great relief from sinus headache within a few minutes.
8) saline spray
spraying saline into the nostrils is a great way to open the blockages that are caused by the breasts. This will help you breathe easily. To prepare the saline, all you have to do is add a little salt to hot water. Shattering this solution into your nostrils help keep moist nasal cavity and therefore get relief from nasal congestion.
9) Hot soups
If you are constantly in search of the answer to this question what to take for sinus headache, then the answer is hot soups. As soon as you feel that sinus is attacking you, prepare a hot and spicy soup. Taking into hot soups, you will be able to easily unlock sinusitis and nasal reduce inflammation. The addition of a generous amount of pepper will help you make the spicy soup and easily clear nasal congestion.
One of the effective home remedies for sinus headache is to massage the breast area with your fingers.
- massage your forehead, temples, beside their noses, etc gently with your fingers where you feel the pain.
- You need to massage the area for a few minutes. This will help in the opening of the nostrils and get instant relief from sinus.
Using the Neti pot is an effective way to get instant relief sinus headache. It will improve the drainage of the nose by clearing blocks. It will also help reduce swelling and pressure of the nasal passages so you can breathe easily and to get relief from sinus headache.
- Add saline (salt water) in a Neti pot.
- Put your head over a sink and tilt to one side.
- place the final corner of the Neti pot in the nostril shown and make sure there is no space between the nostril end of the Neti pot.
- Lift the Neti pot in order to allow water to flow from the upper to the lower nostril. While doing this, he has to breathe through his mouth.
- Once you have exhausted all Neti pot solution, you can blow your nose with a tissue.
- Now repeat the same process, turning his head to the other side so that the down side now becomes the upper nostril and vice versa.
- Repeat this process two or three times a week to get rid of sinus headaches.
12) hot and cold compress
hot and cold compresses is one of the best solutions for how to cure a sinus headache. You need to give a warm compress and cool alternative to the affected area of the breast that will help you get instant relief from blocked nasal passages. It will also help reduce inflammation in the nasal area.
- Apply a hot compress on the area where you feel pain in your breasts for about 3 minutes. Now remove the warm compress and immediately apply cold compress on the area for 30 to 45 seconds.
- repeat this process alternatively 4 to 5 times a day to get relief from sinus headache effectively.
13) Other herbal
- Drinking herbal tea like chamomile tea, mint tea, green tea, etc help in stopping dehydration nasal area and help keep nasal passages moist.
- Feverfew dried herbs have anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing migraine headaches and sinusitis. All you need is steep dried herbs in hot water for a few minutes, strain and drink tea.
- Eat two or three cloves of fresh garlic each day will also help relieve congestion in the nose, as it has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties.
Relief sinus headache Using pressure points
The treatment of ailments it using pressure points known as acupressure. This method is very effective for headache sinus pressure.
- Apply pressure with your fingers on pressure points on both sides of the nose just above the nasal bridge. This is the position of the sinuses and this gives relief from sinus headache.
- gently massaging her temples with fingers reduces stress and relieves pain.
- Massage and pinching the fleshy part between the thumb and index finger with the other thumb and forefinger is effective in reducing sinus headache. Do the massage on both hands.
The application of pressure on specific parts of the body activates the nerves and helps in stimulating the blocked sinuses and help them to properly drain, relieving pain.
Not all remedies and supplements can work for you. You need to find a way to cure a sinus headache by trying different methods and stick to the one that best suits you.
Tips to prevent and treat sinus headache
is better to prevent sinus headache to find a way to cure a sinus headache. Here are some helpful tips to prevent pain and inflammation caused by sinus.
- hand hygiene practices to prevent infections of the upper respiratory tract. Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizers to keep their hands free of germs.
- avoid exposure to snuff smoke, air pollutants and other possible allergens that can cause inflammation of the membranes of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses which will lead to sinus headache.
- uses humidifiers in your whenever necessary and make sure they are clean and free of dust and mold.
- have adequate ventilation in your home and avoid growth growth of microbes that can worsen the condition of the breast.
- take long, hot showers help clear blocked sinuses
- Obtaining steam inhalation using aromatic oils provides relief from sinus headache.
- Massaging the affected areas with hot oil also give pain relaxation.
- If you are prone to sinus infection, avoid drinking alcohol can cause sinus and nasal membranes to swell.
- Get enough sleep to reduce sinus headache. The position of your head slightly elevated while sleeping to reduce congestion and inflammation.
This article was originally published on myhealthtips
Posted in: Headache, Home remedies, How To, Sinus