Lemon is one of the most common fruits available in the market. People use lemon primarily to make lemonades and other juices that are very refreshing and have a cooling effect on the body. However, only a few of us realize that lemon is a special fruit that has countless benefits.
Lemon is greenish yellow and has a strong fragrance. Although it is a fruit native to Asia, it is grown and made available worldwide. Whole fruit is used for a wide range of culinary purposes and not cooking. Lemon contains a high concentration of citric acid gives the fruit its typical bitter taste. Also it contains vitamin C, vitamin B (B1, B2, B3 and B5), magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, sugar, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
health benefits and uses of lemon
Although lemon is very popular for its high concentration of citric acid, the fruit increases the alkalinity of our body. Mentioned below is a list of health benefits derived from this wonderful fruit.
- lemon contains lots of vitamin C which helps the body maintain its immunity power. Take lemon juice can help in building immunity against cough and the common cold. Also it protects the body from different types of viral diseases.
- lemon helps alkalize our body. It helps maintain the pH balance of our body.
- Taking lemon juice mixed with warm water can help relieve constipation.
- Lemon juice detoxification helps liquefy the bile juice. It also dissolves toxic waste and uric acid and helps in removing them from our body.
- Lemon has strong astringent properties. It is used to make traditional medicines for gastric problems. It also helps in protecting our vision.
- Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, which helps neutralize free radicals in our body. Thus our body from disease and signs of aging is protected.
- Lemon is the only anionic food found on this earth. It is made of negatively charged ions. This makes it an essential nutrient that can offer several benefits.
- Taking lemon juice having the routine helps in the treatment of certain eye disorders.
- lemon contains 22 anti-cancer ingredients. It contains limonene which inhibits the spread of cancer. Also it contains flavonol glycosides which cell multiplication sidewalk between cancer cells.
- Lemon is effective in killing roundworms.
- lemon peel contains an active ingredient called tengeretin which helps in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Lemon has strong antibacterial agents that have the potential to kill bacteria that cause diseases such as malaria, diphtheria, cholera, typhoid, etc.
- lemon contains vitamin P to protect blood vessels.
- Lemon is also effective in controlling high blood pressure.
- is rich in vitamin C when it helps to cure scurvy.
- contains high concentration of citric acid having the power to dissolve kidney stones, calcium deposits and stones in the gallbladder.
lemon uses to treat skin disorders:
- lemon functions as an astringent skin.
- Lemon juice is used to treat oily skin. It is effective in the treatment of oily skin nature.
- Lemon juice has certain antiseptic properties. Therefore, it is used as an additive for preparation of facial masks. The presence of lemon helps to kill bacteria and in removing excess fat and impurities.
- Lemon juice helps to cure acne.
- Lemon juice helps to cure pimples. It also helps in reducing acne scars.
- can help in reducing the scars freckles. Regular application of lemon juice can significantly reduce scarring.
- Instead of applying pure lemon juice on your face, it would be better to dilute it using a little water.
- Lemon juice is effective in eliminating or mitigating age marks. Rub lemon juice on the knees, elbows and hands to make smoother and clearer skin.
- Lemon juice can make stronger and more beautiful nails. Immerse your nails in lemon juice for 10 minutes. Repeat the same treatment using a mixture of white vinegar and water.
- lemon can be used as a conditioner to treat dry and damaged hair. Mix lemon juice with honey and olive oil and apply it on the hair. Leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing with a mild shampoo.
Couture and crayons / CC 2.0
various uses lemon
- lemon peels have several different uses. You can clean the microwave using these shells. You can remove the stains left by food. You can also boil lemon peel in the microwave until all steam is obtained. Steam dried food stains dissolve and condensed inside your microwave. This will allow you to clean your microwave fairly easily.
- crushed lemon can be used to remove stains on your stove, dining table and kitchen platform.
- You can clean your cutting boards using half a lemon. This would kill germs and microbes all on its surface.
- Lemon juice can help clean the pots of colors and steel sinks. Apply pure lemon juice on the spots and leave for 30 minutes. Then rinse with water to see the difference.
- peeled and sliced lemon can be used as a garnish for cocktails and drinks. You can also refrigerate shells and store it for future use.
- lemon peels can be used to prevent the sugar to get all sticky.
- You can use a mixture of lemon juice, starch and turmeric in your body for a cleansing effect. It also protects your skin loses its moisture while bathing in chlorinated water.
- can prepare a package of lemon making a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice and vegetable oil. You can use this paste for soft body massage. Then let it stay for 15 minutes before taking your bath.
- can be prepared a natural bleach by mixing lemon juice with a mixture of tomato juice and milk. Note that all three ingredients should be taken in equal proportions.
- To reduce wrinkles can prepare a mask using lemon. Add a few drops of lemon juice to a tablespoon of honey. Add a little sweet almond oil to this mixture. Apply this paste on your face and let it stay for 20 minutes. Then rinse with water to see the difference.
- Lemon juice can be used to treat chapped lips. Make a mixture of fresh cream, lemon juice and honey. Rub this paste on your lips on a regular basis. Note that all three ingredients should be taken in equal proportions.
- squeeze the juice of a whole lemon and mixed with a cup of milk. Add a tablespoon of glycerin to this mixture. Use this package on your body to get rid of scars and sunburn. It also helps in reducing blackheads and dryness. You can also try this on your face to get a younger looking skin. Note that you should not leave this pack on your skin for more than 30 minutes.
- package lemon can help in removing freckles brands. Make a mixture of egg white, almonds (soaked and crushed) and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- lemon can be used as an agent of whitening your teeth. Rubbing the teeth with a mixture of lemon juice, baking soda and salt. This could also reduce bad breath.
- lemon can help reduce hair loss. Take half a lemon and crush out their juice. Mix the juice with coconut oil (4 teaspoons). And apply it on hair. Repeat this once in a week.
- Lemon juice can help prevent premature graying of hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to amla juice and apply on hair. Continue this for a month to see the difference.
- lemon can help get a soft and smooth skin. Take a ripe banana and crush to form a paste. Add a few drops of lemon juice to this paste and mix well. Apply this paste on your face and wait until dry. Then rinse with water and see the difference
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Apply this mixture on your heels, elbows and hands to get a smooth skin. Wash after 15 minutes.
- If you have a dry skin that may be smooth and youthful with the help of lemon juice. Mix lemon juice with honey and add a half teaspoon of cabbage (boiled and crushed). Apply this mixture on your face. Let it stay for 20 minutes before washing your face.
Are you suffering from chronic lethargy? Are you concerned about the uneven skin tone? Are you concerned about high blood pressure? If you are looking for a simple natural to try to remedy these problems, then try some of the above solutions are based on lemon juice. Lemon is a fruit that contains a number of health benefits. Lemon can help you in building your immune system and strengthens your digestive system. Lemon provides a response to various skin disorders and hair too.
This article was originally published on myhealthtips
Posted in: Amazing Benefits, Health benefits