Breastfeeding is a wonderful mom and baby time, there is an emotional touch to them. The benefits of breastfeeding not only for babies, but it also has benefits for the mother. Even there are so many benefits of it, but for some nursing mother for the first time, this activity raises some concern because of the many negative myths of breastfeeding. In this post, we will try to open your mind about the benefits of breastfeeding facts. Therefore, you will not have to worry even a little. In fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the United States has also explained that the research evidence supports the conclusion of the benefits of breast milk for nursing mothers.
Breast milk is naturally produced by the body to satisfy baby’s needs and is the best food for babies. Recommended for new mothers who breastfeed their babies within 30 minutes after the baby is born, to get the colostrum or first milk very beneficial for the baby. Research shows that babies who were breastfed for at least 6 months will have the best resistance and better intellectual development. Even in the Koran Muslim holy book they suggest that breastfeeding for 2 years, in Sura 2 Verse 233 ( see this link ).
Benefits of breastfeeding for babies
- Colostrum (the first milk on the first day) contains many antibodies that protect babies against diseases and infections.
- Breastfeeding to develop higher IQ and improve brain development and the nervous system of the baby. Advantage IQ is 10-12 points due to breastfeeding. Breastfeeding referred to as the fourth quarter on growth and brain development. There are certain milk proteins that stimulate the baby’s brain development.
- Breastfed babies suffer less pain.
- Breastfeeding makes the child has a better antibody response to the vaccine.
- breast and the amount of the adequate nutrition for children. The composition of breast milk varies according to individual growth and changing nutritional needs of the baby.
- Breast milk is easily digested and always had the right temperature.
- Breast milk is always sterile, no germs.
- There is an element in milk that kill E coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Streptococcus, pneumococcus and many others.
- Breastfeeding stimulates the development of the jaws and facial structure, straight teeth growth and improve eyesight.
- Breastfeeding creates a strong bond between mother and child. Child has a safe environment. Breastfeeding also plays an important role in the emotional and spiritual development of children.
Benefits of breastfeeding for the mother
- Reducing the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer. Lower levels of estrogen during breastfeeding causes the lower risk of a second cancer. estimated decrease estrogen leads to reduced stimulation of the lining of the uterus and breast tissue, thus minimizing the risk of becoming cancerous tissue.
- Reducing the risk of breast cancer. Women who breastfeed reduce the risk of developing breast cancer by 25 percent. The reduction in cancer risk is proportional to the cumulative duration of life of breastfeeding. That is, the more months or years of nursing mothers, the lower the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Reduce osteoporosis. Women who do not breastfeed are four times more risk of developing osteoporosis and breastfeeding women are more likely to suffer a hip fracture in the years after menopause.
- Delaying pregnancy naturally. breastfeeding delays ovulation, it may happen that breastfeeding mothers is not fertile for a while. How long is a fertile woman again depending on breastfeeding patterns and trends of his own.
- Improving emotional health. Breastfeeding is not just good for the body but for the mind. Studies show that breastfeeding mothers show less anxiety and postpartum depression than mothers who formula feed.
- to promote weight loss. Breastfeeding mothers showed a greater decrease in waist circumference and fat mass in a month after delivery than mothers who formula feed. Breastfeeding mothers tend to return to pre-pregnancy weight.
- Breast milk is always available to be assigned. Breastfeeding can save time for the creation of the bottle, pour water, milk mix and sterilize bottles that have been used and so on.
Surprising benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and baby Health , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2013/08/amazing-benefits-of-breastfeeding-both.html
Posted in: Health benefits