Constipation is something that many people face. If it is believed that the surveys conducted previously, as much as 22% of the adult population of the country suffers from constipation. Constipation is becoming one of the most common problems due to poor diet and lifestyle habits. Lack of fiber-rich foods and not drinking enough water are two of the most common reasons for constipation. The lack of exercise can also be a reason. Be sure to include high-fiber foods such as raw fruits and vegetables in your diet, drink plenty of water, and exercise regularly.
1. Apples:Apples, the only fruit you can have daily for good health, are composed of several compounds such as fructose, fiber and sorbitol, which can help improve digestion and prevent constipation. Apples and pears are fruits that have high water levels, which is another reason why they can be effective in preventing constipation. Eat raw apples, whole with your skin to get the maximum benefits of apples.
Also read: Did you know that coffee could help relieve constipation? 5 Other super effective home remedies
2. Prunes: A kind of dried fruit, prunes can act as a natural remedy for constipation. A study published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, prunes or prunes can prevent constipation. Plums contain soluble fibers, iron, potassium, boron and phelonic compounds.
3. Kiwi: A medium-sized kiwi contains 2.5 grams of fiber along with many vitamins and nutrients that are essential for good health. Eating kiwis regularly can increase bowel movements in people with constipation.
Remedies for constipation: include kiwi in your diet to treat constipation naturally
Photo credit: iStock
4. Beans: Beans are foods rich in fiber that can be excellent for treating constipation. They contain soluble and insoluble fiber that helps food move through the intestines, offering relief from constipation.
Read also: Help pineapples to improve the digestion of proteins: here is how
5. Sweet potatoes: They can be eaten as a snack or prepared in the form of food or even as an accompaniment. The important thing is to know that sweet potatoes are rich in fiber that is required to keep constipation at bay. Sweet potatoes are also the best healthy foods that can improve intestinal health, eye health, support the immune system and improve brain function.
6. Lentils: Lentils are rich in protein and fiber. They can be included in a diet to lose weight and should be consumed regularly if you are facing constipation problems.
7. Kefir:Kefir is a probiotic that works wonders in terms of improving your intestinal health. It is a fermented milk drink. Probiotics such as kefir can increase the frequency of stools and improve their consistency. It reduces the time that food passes through the intestines and speeds up bowel movements.
Instead of opting for laxatives, stool softeners and fiber supplements, try these underestimated foods to relieve constipation naturally. You will love them!
Also read: Why fiber: the effective macronutrient for constipation and weight loss
Disclaimer: this content, including advice, only provides generic information. It is not in any way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV is not responsible for this information.
Results of the elections for Lok Sabha The 2019 election will be held on May 23. Get the latest news about elections and live updates at ndtv.com/elections. Capture all the action on NDTV Live. Give us a "Like" on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram to receive updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 election