Sinusitis is the inflammation or swelling of the tissues lining the sinuses. Sinuses are hollow spaces behind the bones of the face. Usually breasts are filled with air. Due to the cold or allergies sinuses become blocked and filled with fluid. Bacteria, fungi or viruses begin to grow in this fluid that causes the infection. Sinusitis can be acute, which will last less than four weeks, or chronic, which will run for 8 weeks to 12 weeks. People belonging to all age groups are affected by sinusitis. About one in 10 people suffer from sinusitis every year.
The major causes of sinusitis include:
• Infection of parasnasal sinuses caused by bacteria, viruses or fungi.
• An allergic reaction of the body or allergic rhinitis
• sinus blockage due to nasal polyps
• autoimmune reaction of the body
• Drugs that suppress the immune system
in children the factors that contribute to sinusitis include allergies, use pacifiers, bottle drinking while lying on one’s back and smoke and pollution in the environment.
The person with acute sinusitis may have two or more of the following symptoms and green or yellow nasal discharge.
• facial pain
• runny nose
Some people also have the following symptoms are observed.
• Bad breath (halitosis)
• The high temperature
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis are
• congested and swollen face
• nasal cavity of pus
• discolored nasal discharge
• severe pain in the cheeks
Although there are different pain relievers, decongestant pills and sprays available to reduce swelling and to cause the sinuses to drain, it is not advisable to use these for more a week. You can try the various home remedies for treating sinusitis naturally.
small onions are found to be very effective in the treatment of sinus infection. They are loaded with anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and sulfur compounds found to be effective in treating even stubborn parasites and fungi. Eat small raw onions with sugar will help runny nose and cleaning the sinus infection.
• All you need to do is eat a small onions raw and fresh. Drink a glass of warm water immediately after finishing small onions.
• Repeat this for two to three times a day and will be free of sinus infection.
The baking soda and sea salt are found to have anti-fungal and anti-viral properties and be effective in reducing sinus infection.
• You will have to find a netipot for this remedy. You need about 4 cups boiling water and cool to room temperature.
• Add a teaspoon of table salt, 5 drops of extract of oregano, 3 drops of eucalyptus oil, 1 teaspoon baking soda 20 drops of Betadine solution and 3 drops of oil tea tree water boiled and mix well.
• Sea salt and baking soda will help loosen mucus in the nose.
• It is necessary to irrigate your sinus linings of the nose regularly several times a day.
• Then reduce the number of times the second and third day and feel your sinus infection are launched into space.
Onions are known to have anti bacterial properties against a lot of sulfur compounds and fungi. It is found to be very effective in reducing the sinus infection in people. It is one of the ancient remedies practiced in India to clear nasal congestion and runny nose stubborn.
• Cut a slice of onion and inhale if you’re okay with that causes irritation to their eyes. Repeat this several times a day to reduce sinus infection.
• You can also cut small pieces of onion and put it into a pot of boiling water.
• Let remain in the boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes for all their juices are mixed with water.
• You need to drink this juice while still hot to get relief from sinus infection.
• You can also put the chopped onion in a bowl and inhale the smell coming out of the onion deeply in order to get relief from the blocked nose.
horseradish is also found to provide an effective home remedy to treat sinus infection. It will help break up mucus that forms in the nose and throat due to the sinuses.
• Grate the fresh horseradish and place a pinch of this horseradish in the mouth.
• Keep your mouth for a few minutes to allow flavors horseradish moves to the sinus and reacts with it to reduce mucus formed in the womb.
• Once you feel the taste of horseradish has evaporated, you can now swallow it grated to combat mucus that is present in the throat radish.
• Repeat this at least twice a day for three to four days to get a great relief from sinus infection.
apple cider vinegar is that it is also effective in reducing the sinus infection greatly. It is very effective to treat irritations caused by sinus infection. Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar help in exterminate completely the sinus infection that affects the nose and throat.
• If you are feeling irritation due to sinus infection, then you need to consume only a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar three times a day to see a reduction in irritation.
• Mix five to six teaspoons apple cider vinegar in 200 ml of water. Now heat this water and inhale the steam in the mouth.
• Repeat this three or four times a day to get good relief from sinus infection.
If you find the sinus infection has grown very bad and it is chronic in nature, then you can use the seed extract grapefruit to reduce greatly irritation.
• The grapefruit seed extract has excellent antifungal and antibacterial properties that are found to be very effective in the treatment of sinus infection.
• It can be found in pill or liquid form and have to be taken only according to instructions provided by the doctor, since it has been found to cause allergies in some people.
Pure oregano oil has been found to be very effective in the treatment of bacterial infection in the sinuses. It has anti-bacterial properties and help completely eliminate the sinus infection caused by bacteria.
• Take some empty gelatin capsules and insert 15 drops of oil of oregano in each capsule.
• Take this capsule three times a day as antibiotics are taken and that will help in the offtake of symptoms in three or four days.
• You also add 10 to 15 drops of pure oregano in a glass of water. Mix well and drink this mixture or twice a day for three to four days for effective reduction of sinus infection.
need to improve blood flow to the sinuses in order to prevent sinus infection to develop in the nose. A little soft nose exercise will help in reducing sinus infection.
• Press the side of the nose gently with your thumb for about 15 seconds.
• Repeat the same on the other side of the nose.
• This will help improve blood flow in the nose of the breasts and thus prevent sinus infection.
• You need to do this several times a day if you suffer from sinus infection.
• Drink plenty of fluids, especially water will help you be free of dehydration and loosen mucus in the nose and throat.
• It will help drain the mucus easily. Make sure you take at least 7 glasses of water a day to loosen mucus so that the breasts will not catch him.
• It is important to avoid caffeinated drinks if you suffer from sinus infection because they easily dehydrate your body. It is also important for you to take adequate rest when you suffer from sinus infection.
Another effective home remedy that will help ease to get rid of the sinus infection is vapor therapy.
• Boil water in a large bowl and once it is boiling, remove from the stove. Now breathe in the steam is coming out of this boiling water.
• It is necessary to cover the head with a towel or cloth to prevent steam from escaping.
• Adding a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil to the boiling water to relieve nasal congestion and to thin mucus in your nose really.
• Adding cayenne pepper in your daily diet will help in reducing the symptoms of sinus infection greatly.
• The capsaicin in cayenne peppers help decongest the nose and prevent mucus develops in the nose.
Some of the common ingredients known to combat sinus infection is garlic and cayenne peppers.
• Add three or four cloves of fresh garlic crushed with 3 to 4 pinches of cayenne pepper in a bowl full of water.
• Boil this water in an oven so that the steam begins to evaporate from the water.
• Remove from heat and stir the contents of the container and enjoy this water as a tea or soup. Make sure you breathe deeply with every sip you take to help in reducing sinus infection.
• Add 8 to 10 drops of pure thyme oil in a bowl of water.
• Put it on a stove and boil until steam evaporates.
• Now, cover your head and the bowl with a towel and begin to inhale the steam coming out of the cup.
• Do this for fifteen minutes a day for three to four days to get relief from chest tightness and mucus in the nose.
Garlic has antifungal and antibacterial properties and is known as a wonderful natural healer for a lot of health problems.
• Eating three or four cloves of raw garlic every day will help you get good relief from sinus infection and prevent increased sinus infection.
• If you are a person who receives regular sessions sinus infection, then you better go to a humidifier for your home.
• It will help in preventing the respiratory passages and dried or irritated at most times.
• Make sure to clean the humidifier regularly to not become a center for fungal growth.
• In a cup of water add sage, mint and fennel and bring to a boil.
• Then pour the boiling water and drinking this herbal tea twice a day to drain the nasal passages.
• Make sure you consume vegetables and fresh fruit juices which are prepared by dilution with water.
• Never take starchy, fried and sugary foods when you have sinus infection.
• Add honey to sweeten your foods instead of sugar.
• Increased foods containing vitamin A such as tomatoes, leafy vegetables, carrots and egg yolks help in the fight against sinus infection.
Alcohol has to be completely avoided when you are suffering from sinus infection. This will cause the mucous membranes of the nose and sinus tract to swell cause irritation. Therefore, avoid any drink that has traces of alcohol.
Do you find it very difficult to breathe and concentrate on something else because of the mucus in the nose? Are you looking for the best home remedies that will help in curing sinus infection? You need to check some of the above home remedies that are found to be very effective in the treatment of sinus infection and reduce them significantly.
This article was originally published on myhealthtips