Bad breath or halitosis is the unpleasant odor of the breath of a person. This is a common problem among people around the world. This is not a disease and can be easily avoided once you find the reason for bad breath. This condition is caused by the accumulation of bacteria in the mouth due to the presence of food particles in the mouth, gum disease or due to plaque formation. Foods that have a strong odor like garlic and onions can increase bad breath. It is possible to prevent bad breath by practicing good dental hygiene. There are many natural home remedies that help control the problem of bad breath. If bad breath persists even after having proper dental hygiene and the use of natural remedies, you may need to see a dentist to find out if any of the conditions underlying health that is causing the problem.
is rid of bad breath naturally
Are you embarrassed to talk to people because of bad breath? Try the following natural remedies and tips to effectively prevent bad breath problem. These home remedies can help keep your breath fresh for a period of time artificial mouthwashes and sprays available in the market that aims to combat bad breath longer.
1. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is an excellent home remedy for bad breath as it keeps the pH balance of the mouth and prevents bacteria from building up inside mouth. Also removes plaque and stains on the teeth. However, excessive use of baking soda makes teeth corrode and need to mouth thoroughly after using baking soda to clean the teeth and mouth rinse. You can use baking soda in different ways to avoid bad breath.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda
- dip your toothbrush in baking soda and brush your teeth using for clean teeth and to achieve fresh breath
- Follow this remedy regularly to get rid of bad breath.
- brushing teeth using a regular toothpaste and rinse your mouth well
- Now take a small amount of baking soda and brush your teeth to clean and maintain the pH balance.
- wash the mouth and feel the freshness.
- can also use toothpaste with baking soda as an ingredient to achieve the same effect.
- Take a glass of warm water and mix one teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Use this solution of baking soda for gargling mouth.
- repeat the process several times a day to get a better effect.
2. Fennel seeds
It is known
Fennel seeds that have anti-microbial properties and this will help kill bacteria that cause bad mouth odor. Fennel seeds are also very effective in resolving digestive problems are one of the main reasons for bad breath in some people.
- Chew a teaspoon fennel seeds immediately after eating foods with strong odors that can cause odor. The scent of fennel seeds dominate the smell of food.
- Chewing fennel seeds improves saliva production and reduces odor due to dryness in the mouth.
- For best results, use fennel seeds mixed with spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, etc.
- Repeat this remedy after each meal to prevent the problem of bad breath.
- make fennel tea using one teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds and a cup of water.
- Strain the tea to remove the fennel and drinking tea by adding honey or milk
- Drinking fennel tea will provide long lasting fresh breath.
Cinnamon contains an essential oil called cinnamic aldehyde which helps reduce bad breath by reducing bacterial growth in saliva.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with water for 10-15 minutes
- Strain the solution and use it to rinse the mouth several times a day to keep your breath fresh.
- can also add a few bay leaves and cardamom in boiling water to improve the flavor of the solution
- Prepare a cinnamon mouthwash by mixing half a teaspoon of cinnamon, freshly squeezed juice of one lemon and one half teaspoon of honey with a cup of warm water.
- Mix the ingredients stirring well in a bottle with a tight
- Use this mouthwash to gargle or rinse your mouth regularly to avoid bad breath
4. apple cider vinegar
apple cider vinegar is well known for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. This in apple cider vinegar acid reduces the growth of bacteria in the mouth and also helps to remove plaque that causes bad breath.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink the solution before eating meals.
- This home remedy has to be followed regularly to eliminate bad breath and improve digestion.
- Gargle using diluted apple cider vinegar after meals to get relief from the odor of the mouth.
5. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil is very effective in the fight against bacteria and fungi that grow inside the mouth and bad breath.
- Mix equal parts oil of tea tree, peppermint oil and lemon oil in a glass of water
- Use this mixture as a mouthwash regularly to get rid of bad breath
- brushing with regular toothpaste and after washing mouth rinse the mouth using oil drops tea tree.
- Instead, you can use toothpaste containing tea tree oil to completely avoid bad breath.
The sulfur producing bacteria is the main cause of bad breath and parsley is an effective natural remedy to eliminate bacteria in the mouth. Parsley chewing stimulates saliva flow reduces the chances of bacterial growth in the mouth.
- Dip handful of fresh parsley leaves in vinegar and chew for 1-2 minutes to get rid of bad breath instantly
- to get rid of the problem completely, make parsley chewing remedy a habit
- take a handful of parsley leaves and a cup of water and make a juice out of it with the help of a juicer
- Drink this juice any time you want to get the freshness of breath. This juice will help avoid indigestion and heartburn.
- Boil 1 cup chopped parsley in two cups of water and 3-5 cloves.
- Allow the solution to cool and use the tense solution as mouthwash after meals to eliminate bad breath
Fenugreek It has the ability to cure the problems of the airways and bad breath. Improved saliva production and reduces the growth of bacteria in the oral cavity.
- Take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and boil in a pint of water
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 15-20 minute slow
- Strain and drink the solution to avoid the problem of bad breath.
Both black and green teas are excellent remedies for bad breath. The black tea reduces plaque formation and also kills bacteria that cause bad breath. The antibacterial activity of green tea makes it an excellent choice to avoid bad breath.
- Make a decoction of tea dipping tea bags in a cup of hot water
- Drink tea several times a day to control bad breath
the aromatic oil present in the nail has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties and this helps to get rid of the proliferation of bacteria and other infections of the mouth which can cause bad breath.
- Chew 2-3 cloves after meals to eliminate bad breath within minutes.
- This remedy will provide a fresh breath for longer
- Maintain 3-4 cloves in 2 cups hot water for 10-20 minutes.
- allow the oils to seep into hot water
- Strain and drink the water by adding natural sweeteners to get relief from bad breath
the acid in the lemon prevents the growth of oral bacteria and helps freshen breath.
- Mix one teaspoon fresh lemon juice in a cup of warm water
- Add a little salt to the solution and rinse your mouth using the solution before going to bed.
- By repeating the process every day will solve the problem of bad breath
This is a readily available natural remedy to get rid of bad breath . Rinsing with water periodically removes food particles and bacteria and keeps your breath fresh.
- Take small amounts of water in the mouth and swish it around for 20 seconds to remove food particles
- Regular rinsing mouth with water works as a mouthwash and keeps the mouth clean.
12. Diet Plan for bad breath
Including certain foods in the diet and the elimination of strong odors foods can reduce the problem of bad mouth odor .
- Avoid sulfur containing foods like garlic and onions to prevent bad breath
- Foods such as eggs, meat and fish can cause bad breath and therefore should be avoided
- are fresh fruits and vegetables, cleaning your digestive system and prevent bad breath.
- chewing parsley, mint or basil leaves considerably reduces bad breath.
- Include low-fat cheese in your diet such as cheese helps fight plaque and mouth odor.
- drink lots of water to flush the system and to reduce bad breath.
Simple Tips to control bad breath
Apart from the above mentioned home remedies, you can try the following tips to totally eliminate bad breath.
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Brushing teeth in the morning and before going to bed to keep out bacteria. You also need to floss daily to prevent bad breath. The accumulation of food particles between the teeth and gums can cause bad breath
- is necessary to clean the tongue while brushing your teeth to avoid the problem of bad breath
- Remove dentures in the night before going to sleep and properly clean. Use the prosthesis next morning after thorough cleaning of the prosthesis and mouth.
- Suck sugarless mints will help to reduce bad breath, because it stimulates the production of saliva.
- Stress can cause dry mouth and this will lead to bad breath. Therefore, avoid stress or engage in activities stress relief to get relief from bad mouth odor.
- Chewing herbs and spices are good for improving salivation and to eliminate bad breath due to dry mouth.
- Try to brush your teeth after every meal if you have bad breath intense.
- quit smoking and use of any product of snuff to prevent gum problems and bad breath.
- How your teeth checked by a dentist once a year to avoid problems with teeth and oral and to maintain oral hygiene.
- Eat at regular intervals to avoid heartburn in the stomach, which can cause bad breath.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks strong smelling items, if you want to control bad breath.
Do you suffer from bad breath problem? Are you looking for natural methods to alleviate the condition? Try the remedies and tips given below to effectively get rid of bad breath. The effectiveness of the remedies vary from person to person and according to the cause of bad breath. Try the different home and find out which is most effective in your case remedies. Follow the instructions and practice regularly remedies for maximum effect. It is better to opt for natural remedies to get rid of bad breath that the use of chemicals.
This article was originally published on myhealthtips
Posted in: Bad Breath, Home remedies