milk full of nutrients almonds, in addition to health benefits, almond milk is also low in calories. Therefore, people who are on a weight loss program is suitable for consuming almond milk. Nutrition almond milk derived from almond nuts rich in selenium, manganese, fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron, phosphorus, tryptophan, copper and calcium. Almond milk is right for you can be allergic to milk or health problems cow usually experienced when consuming dairy animals. Although almonds, but this milk has many health benefits that are no less cow’s milk or other dairy products.
Almond milk nutrition and calorie content
Almond milk has only 40 calories per 8-ounce serving . Manganese, copper and riboflavin found in almonds helps the body glucose metabolism of carbohydrates to produce energy, thus reducing the risk of overweight and obesity. It’s just less than 2 grams of carbohydrates, cholesterol and lactose. It has more vitamins and minerals compared to other milk alternatives such as soy or rice milk are usually fortified with vitamin D and other nutrients when sold commercially. You can read more almond milk nutritional value below.
Almond milk (sweetened, vanilla flavor, ready to drink) Nutritional value per 100 g, based on the database USDA nutrient.
Energy: 38 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6.67 g
Protein: 0.42 g
Total Fat: 1.04 g
Dietary fiber: 0 , 4 g
Water: 91.80 g
Total sugar: 6.25 g
folate: 1 g
Niacin: 0,075 mg
Riboflavin: 0.177 mg
Thiamine: 0.015 mg
vitamin A: 208 IU
pyridoxine: 0.003 mg
vitamin C: 0 mg
vitamin D (D2 + D3): 1.0 mg
Vitamin D: 42 IU
Vitamin E: 2.81 mg
Vitamin K: 0 g
Calcium: 188 mg
Iron: 0.30 mg
Magnesium: 7 mg
Phosphorus: 8 mg
Zinc: 0.63 mg
Sodium: 63 mg
Potassium: 50 mg
saturated fatty acids: 0,000 g
monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.625 g
polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0,208 g
trans-fatty acids: 0
Benefits of almond milk for health and beauty
- lactose. Lactose is a sugar found in cow’s milk. Many people who are lactose intolerant, and milk consumption causes abdominal discomfort, bloating and diarrhea in the person. Almond milk is extracted from almonds, since it is derived from plants and do not contain lactose.
- low in calories. Almond milk is low in calories, cholesterol and saturated fats make this drink is very healthy and good for people trying to lose weight. The power that is full of nutrition, health benefits will keep you healthy and fit.
- Almond milk has a high antioxidant power. Almond milk is a good source of antioxidants and vitamin E. With this high, then almond milk can be useful to prevent cancer and slow the signs of aging. The flavonoids in almond milk also helps reduce the amount of free radicals in the body, protecting you from a number of degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis that occurs and type 2 diabetes
- almond milk is good for the heart. Unlike cow’s milk, almond milk contains no cholesterol and saturated fats, dairy alamond so will not damage your cardiovascular system. Almond milk is rich in omega-3 fatty acids can also help reduce LDL “bad” cholesterol and protect your heart.
- bone and muscle health. Although not produced by animals such as cow’s milk, almond milk also contains a lot of calcium and vitamins that can help strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis. Almond milk contains 30 percent calcium and 25 percent of vitamin D, which is good for the formation of strong and healthy bones. Vitamin D is that it could also help build and strengthen muscles.
- Almond milk contains high vitamins and minerals. Compared to soy milk and rice milk, almond milk has the highest concentration of vitamins and minerals. Almond milk contains vitamins and minerals such as copper, zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and selenium. While cow’s milk, rice milk and soy milk are often fortified with vitamins and various minerals, while all these nutrients occur naturally in the almond milk.
- Maintaining gastrointestinal health. Almonds contain dietary fiber (dietary fiber), which aid digestion so it helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
- healthy options for people with diabetes. Carbohydrates consumed through various foods turn into sugar, which increases sugar levels in the body. This is undesirable in individuals with diabetes. Almond milk is better than cow’s milk alternative for diabetics because it has fewer carbohydrates and calories. The body is able to fully digest the sugar and get energy to function better because of the properties of low glycemic index.
- Keep fetal health. Almonds contain folic acid, which is an essential nutrient for pregnant women, because folic acid helps the growth of normal children. Deficiency of folic acid for pregnant women at risk of giving birth defect.
- moisturize the skin. almond is believed to have a natural ingredient that is otherwise very suitable for moisturizing all skin types as it is easily absorbed.
- reduce wrinkles. Some experts believe beauty, pure almond has the ability to remove the signs of aging and make the skin look younger.
- Beneficial to eyes and skin. pure almond milk also ensure the health of the skin and eyes. It contains vitamin E and vitamin A in moderate amounts needed to maintain healthy skin and keep your eyes in good shape so they can easily adapt to differences in ambient light.
Almond milk is lactose-free and contains no gluten or casein, so the milk is an appropriate and safe alternative for those suffering from lactose intolerance or who are allergic to gluten or casein . However, the almond almond milk, so it is not safe for consumption by people who suffer from allergies to nuts. If you have an allergy to nuts and almond milk drink, you may experience adverse reactions.
And one more important thing to consider, almond milk may not be safe for the baby. Almond milk contains nutrients such as breast milk and infant formula milk, almond milk, so it is not suitable for use as a substitute to feed the baby. Consult your doctor first before giving almond milk for your baby.
12 Amazing Benefits Data almond milk and Nutrition , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2013/12/benefits-of-almond-milk-nutrition.html
Posted in: Milk