There are a lot of benefits we can get from the apricot fruit. In Latin, apricot plum called Armenia. According to the research, apricot contains beta carotene. These antioxidants can help prevent heart attacks, reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the body and reduce the risk of cancer. In addition, nutritious apricot seeds to strengthen the respiratory system to reduce cough and asthma.
Apricots also have a relatively high fiber content can be used as a painkiller such as diarrhea or constipation. Although small fresh apricots, is perfect for low-fat diet because it is fiber, particularly soluble fiber, and absorbs water, which contributes to a feeling of satiety. The fragrant aroma of apricots dieting so much fun. While in China, the fruit is commonly used to help regenerate body fluids, detoxifying and relieve thirst.
either consumed directly or apricot dried and eaten as dried fruit. Fruits are also good in the juice, jam and jelly. Apricots are rich in fiber can overcome constipation and facilitate defecation. apricot oil was good for earache.
Apricot is a fruit with golden skin and a velvety texture. The fruit has a sweet and spicy flavor. Apricots have seeds that can be extracted in apricot oil.
Apricots are rich in essential nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, beta carotene, calcium and potassium. An apricot weighing approximately 40 grams, contains 17 calories, 4 grams carbohydrates, 0.5 grams protein, 3 grams of sugar, 1 gram dietary fiber, 1 gram of fat and no cholesterol. The levels of vitamin A in apricots was 914.20 IU with the amount of beta carotene 544.95 mcg, 3 mcg of folic acid, and 1.2 mcg of vitamin K. The fruit has a high level of potassium, which is 104 mg, 3 mg magnesium, 7 mg phosphorus. In addition, the apricots also have high levels of lycopene.
|Nutritional value per 100 g based on USDA|
|dietary fiber||2 g|
|vitamin A equiv.||96mg|
|– betacarotene||1,094 mg|
|– lutein and zeaxanthin||89 mg|
|The pantothenic acid||0.24 mg|
|vitamin B 6||0.054 mg|
|vitamin C||10 mg|
|vitamin E||0.89 mg|
|vitamin K||3.3 mg|
Apricots are available in fresh and dried forms. Both are nutritious and offers a variety of health benefits. dried apricots are considered to have the highest benefits for the health fresh form. This is because the nutrients are more concentrated in dried apricots. However, dried apricots tend to contain preservatives that may not favored some people.
These are the health benefits of apricots:
1. Overcoming Constipation the high fiber content makes apricot is often recommended to treat constipation. In addition, this fruit can also help digestion and destroys intestinal parasites.
2. Benefits eyes High levels of beta carotene in apricots, useful to improve eye health , especially in the prevention of macular degeneration. Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant that can protect the body from many health problems such as Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Prevent cancer and heart disease Apricots are rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and lycopene. These antioxidants may reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
4. Treatment of anemia Apricot can be used to treat anemia. This is because the apricots contain minerals such as iron and copper which aids in the production of hemoglobin.
5. Relieve asthma Apricots health benefits, including its ability to relieve symptoms of asthma, tuberculosis and bronchitis.
6. skin health apricot oil has been found effective in skin care. Besides making your skin glow and soft, apricot oil is also able to treat scabies and eczema. Apricot kernel oil is also said to be good for earache.
Apricots Health Benefits and Nutrition Fact , article source: http://www.gethealthiness.com/2013/04/apricots-health-benefits-and-nutrition.html
Posted in: nutrition