There are many people who suffer from painful dental abscess. It is caused by a bacterial infection and is shown as a collection of infected material in the gums. The dental abscess may occur due to a variety of reasons and mainly causes pain in the center of the tooth. It is an infection in the root of a tooth or between the gum. It is very painful. The bacteria enter the tooth abscess and multiply rapidly. the infection will spread to the bone that supports the tooth causing the tooth to ache. Bacteria enter the tooth, either through the dental cavity or through chipped or broken tooth. This will make your way to the root, and also causes swelling and inflammation of the root tip.
causes tooth abscess
The following are the causes of tooth abscess.
- Oral hygiene deficient
- Taking diets rich in sugary foods
- cracked or chipped tooth
- consuming sticky food in large quantities
- Increased intake of carbohydrates
- gum disease
- weak immune system
symptoms of dental abscess
the following are some of the common symptoms associated with an abscessed tooth.
- Bad breath
- Difficulty opening the mouth
- ill feeling
- Pain in the infected area to bite something
- difficulty swallowing
- the pain and redness in the gums
- Lack of fluid discharge tasting mouth
- sensitive teeth
- pains unexpected wheels
- inflammation face
- Difficulty opening the mouth
dental abscess should be treated as soon as possible, as it has all the chances to extend their jaws and other areas of your neck and head. It can also cause serious tooth decay if left untreated. Sometimes, it can also lead to life-threatening complications. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, then it’s time you took a closer look at your teeth and get treatment for it immediately.
home remedies for tooth abscess
The following are easy and simple home remedies to help you find a solution to how to deal with the problems of dental abscess. These are natural and effective home remedies that will not have side effects at all.
1. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil has antiseptic properties that work wonders in treating toothaches. It will help in the destruction of the bacteria that cause tooth abscess. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory property and thus help reduce the swelling and inflammation of the gums.
Method of application 1
- Take some peppermint oil on your fingertips and slowly apply it on the infected tooth.
- gently massage over the affected area a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy immediate pain relief and also see a reduction in infection when applied regularly.
Method of Application 2
- Take a small cotton ball and soak it in peppermint oil. Apply this oil on the infected area.
- you will experience less pain in the infected tooth.
Method of Application 3
- Take fresh mint leaves. Crush it to extract the juice of mint.
- Apply this juice on the infected for immediate tooth pain relief. You can also crush the mint leaves and apply it directly to the dental abscess.
- Regular application will help reduce toothache and eliminate the infection completely.
2. Clove oil
Clove oil is very effective in treating bacteria. This helps relieve pain from a toothache and also reduces gum disease. Clove oil has antifungal, antiseptic, analgesic and antibacterial properties. It is also rich in antioxidants and nutrients such as manganese, fiber and omega-3 to provide a relief of inflammation and also will get rid of the infection in the mouth.
- Take some clove oil on your finger and brushing your teeth with this clove oil.
- Make sure you give light force when brushing the affected area.
- you can also gently massage the gums with clove oil for a few minutes to get instant relief from toothache and sore gums.
- Place a whole clove between your damaged tooth and cheek. After some time, it can chew the tooth so that releases the juice.
- Let there be juice in the mouth for about 30 minutes or so. You immediate relief from dental abscess will feel pain.
- nail in Ponga (freshly ground) in an empty tea bag and apply it to your affected tooth and gum powder.
- keep it there for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this two to three times a day until the swelling and pain decreases.
- You can add a few drops of oil of cloves in cheesecloth and apply to the affected teeth and gums.
- keep on parts sore for a few minutes and repeat this process for 5 to 7 times. Immediate relief you will feel pain.
- announcement in a tablespoon of clove oil. Mix well and apply this mixture on the tooth abscess and painful gums with a cotton swab.
- Allow this mixture to rest on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your mouth with water.
- You can repeat this process three to four times a day to reduce pain and inflammation of the teeth.
3. Nail with coconut oil
- In a skillet, add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Heat it and then add teeth crushed 2-3 and fry for one or two minutes over low heat.
- Remove the pan fried garlic in a blender the heat and dust.
- Apply this to the affected tooth and leave it there for half an hour or so. This will help reduce tooth pain due to dental abscess and inflammation of the gums.
4. Nail sesame or mustard oil
- Fry three to four teeth sesame or mustard oil for a couple of minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and dust in a blender.
- Apply this powder in the affected quickly get rid of for tooth pain and inflammation.
5. Clove oil and olive oil
- Add ¼ teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl and then add 2 to 3 drops of oil pure clove smell to it.
- Mix well. Take a cotton ball and soak it in this oil mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the cotton ball soaked in oil abscessed tooth, either on your side or between the teeth and cheek.
- leave it there as long as possible.
- Repeating this procedure twice a day can help quickly reduce tooth pain and reduce infection.
Garlic is a natural ingredient that help kill bacteria easily. It has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help prevent the growth of bacteria because of an abscessed tooth. It is loaded with sulfur compounds, such as allicin that will help in the fight against inflammation and infection.
- Crush one or two pieces of garlic clove and then extract the juice inside.
- Apply this juice with your fingers on the affected tooth.
- Leave it there so it can help relieve pain and infection.
- Chew one or two pieces of garlic clove. If you feel pain remitting slightly, then chew a piece of garlic clove, one after the other until completely get rid of the pain due to dental abscesses.
- can also mix the garlic juice extract with water and rinse your mouth and teeth with this juice. Repeat three to four times a day to feel the decline in tooth pain.
7. Salt water
If you are looking to reduce or minimize the pain very quickly, then the salt is a great remedy. Salt water has anti-inflammatory properties and pain reducing properties that can easily help to reduce pain because of an abscessed tooth. his work on the infection in the tooth will be made and prevent it from spreading throughout the mouth.
- Take a teaspoon of table salt or refined salt or Epsom salt and mixed in a glass of warm water.
- Once the salt dissolves completely, you can rinse your mouth with this water. You need to repeat this process several times a day to get rid of toothaches.
- One thing to remember is that it would be a little painful in the first few washes. Little by little relief from pain and infection will feel.
Turmeric is a natural ingredient that is rich in antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a great remedy to relieve the pain caused due to tooth abscesses and will also help reduce inflammation in the mouth.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of warm water to make a solution.
- mouth wash thoroughly and then swish of this solution in the mouth.
- regularly repeat this process for a few days to get relief from infection and tooth pain.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a small bowl and then add enough water to make a paste of turmeric soft.
- Clean the mouth and then apply this paste with your finger on the abscessed tooth and gum.
- you can dip a soft cotton ball in the mixture and then apply it on the affected tooth.
- Repeat this application regularly for a few days until the pain subsides.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a teaspoon of oil.
- gently apply this mixture on the gums and infected tooth. Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately wash and rinse your mouth. You will experience relief of dental pain and inflammation.
9. Prima Plantain
raw banana is another effective home remedy that will provide the answer on how to treat tooth abscess fast. This will help in reducing tooth pain and its symptoms with reducing inflammation of the gums. It will also get rid of the infection.
- Take some fresh banana leaves and crush them finely.
- Applying these crushed leaves on the affected tooth.
- Let stand in the tooth for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- You will experience a reduction in pain. Now you can remove the toothpaste and rinse mouth thoroughly.
- repeat this procedure several times a day to get relief from inflammation and tooth pain.
10. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is an ingredient that will help increase the pH level of saliva to normal levels. Saliva will help the remineralization of teeth and make it more resistant to infection. Sodium bicarbonate is a product of mechanical cleaning very effective for teeth and gums and help in the treatment of dental abscess.
- In a small bowl, add half a teaspoon of baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Now dip a small cotton ball in water and then cover the mixture of baking soda and salt.
- place the cotton ball on the affected or place it between the infected tooth and cheek tooth.
- let it sit there for several hours and repeat this process regularly to eliminate the formation of pus in the gums as well as to completely eliminate the infection.
- Even you can use baking soda directly on the affected for tooth pain relief.
- can also rinse your mouth with a solution of baking soda. This solution is prepared by mixing a teaspoon or an hour and a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water.
11. Herbal Tea Bag
Tea is a rich source of tannins that will help in cleaning toxins. It has astringent properties that help in absorbing the pus or toxins. It is very effective and natural to reduce pain home remedy, swelling and inflammation caused by dental abscess.
- with a herbal tea bag and soak it in water to make tea.
- removing the water bag and place it on top of the infected tooth.
- You should leave it there for a few hours or overnight.
- needs to mouth with salt water and a solution of hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the pus that is released in the mouth in the application of the tea bag rinse.
- repeat this process on a regular basis to get rid of dental pain and infection problems.
12. The apple cider vinegar
One of the popular home remedies for treatment of a dental abscess is apple cider vinegar. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties.
- Take a tablespoon of vinegar organic raw apple cider and pour into the mouth.
- Swish in the mouth for a few minutes and then spit it out completely. Do not swallow.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly afterwards. Repeat this process several times a day to get relief from an abscessed tooth.
- Another way to enjoy relief from toothache due to dental abscess is to add a teaspoon of organic pure vinegar apple cider in a glass of water and drink one in the morning and afternoon all days.
13. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a natural remedy that is effective to kill bacteria, since it has disinfectant properties. It will also help reduce inflammation and pain in the tooth.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with a tablespoon of warm water. Make sure that mixes well with water.
- Now pour this mixture into the mouth and swish for a few minutes. Spit it out completely. Make sure the liquid comes in contact with dental abscess in the mouth for this treatment to be effective.
- you can even dip a cotton ball in this solution and place it in the infected tooth for a few hours.
- repeat this process regularly for pain relief and to reduce infection.
14. Sesame seeds
Sesame seeds have pain and revive the natural antibacterial properties. It will help in relieving complete dental pain due to an abscessed tooth and also reduce the infection caused by bacteria in the infected tooth.
- In a saucepan, add 4 tablespoons sesame seeds and a cup of water. Shake it and then boil this mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in water sesame seeds and apply it on the infected tooth.
- Make sure you rub the solution throughout the dental abscess and repeat this process throughout the day to get rid of dental infection.
The leaves of calendula are effective in reducing inflammation in the mouth and tooth pain control.
- Crush some fresh leaves of calendula to make a thick paste.
- apply directly onto infected with a cotton ball or cotton swab tooth. Let stand for an hour or so.
- repeat this process several times a day until you experience a reduction in pain and inflammation.
16. Pulling oil
This is an ancient Ayurvedic method for preventing tooth infections. This method has been in practice for centuries to maintain oral hygiene. oil pulling practice prevent the growth of bacteria on the teeth and the walls of the oral cavity. The lipids present in coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties and kills bacteria, fungi and other microorganisms that cause infection. This helps prevent infection and speed healing of tooth abscess.
- Take one tablespoon of organic coconut oil virgin
- Swish the mouth using this organic coconut oil for about 15 minutes to remove the microorganisms harmful
- oil not swallow, spit after 15 minutes oil
- Finally, rinse your mouth with warm water
- Repeat 2-3 times pulling oil a day to totally eliminate the problem.
17. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is a very effective home for dental abscess and other gum disease remedy. Oregano oil is able to relieve tooth pain and infection, as it has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Oregano oil increases the body’s immunity and helps the body fight tooth infections and accelerate the healing process. Oregano oil can be used in different convenient method as a treatment for an abscessed tooth.
Method – 1 (Direct Application)
- take 2-3 drops of oil of oregano and apply it directly on the affected tooth and gum
- leave oil in the infected area for some time to get relief from pain
- Repeat this 3-4 times a day to eliminate the infection and to get rid of pain
Method 2 (As rinse buccal)
- mix 3-5 drops of oregano oil in ¼ cup of warm water and mix well
- Use this solution as a mouthwash to rinse your mouth for about 10 minutes
- Ensure that the mouthrinse reaches the area of pain
- Repeat 3-4 times a day remedy for pain relief and to eliminate the infection.
Method 3 (Colloidal Silver)
- First, you have to place a few drops of oregano oil in the mouth. This will help clean your mouth
- oregano oil spit and swallow colloidal silver. Colloidal silver helps improve the immune system and reduces pain and inflammation.
- can also rub some colloidal silver in the infected tooth or gum to get immediate relief from pain.
- The use of colloidal silver as a mouthwash is also beneficial in the treatment of abscessed tooth.
18. Olive oil
Olive oil can reduce pain and inflammation associated with an abscessed tooth. Olive oil contains a special component called eugenol, which kills bacteria. anti -bacterial activity helps in faster healing of pain.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take a small cotton ball and dip it in olive oil
- apply olive oil to the affected area using cotton ball
- repeat the application of olive oil at least 2-3 times a day to cure the problem
There are some methods of self treatment to help you eliminate the problem of tooth abscess.
- Observe the abscess that develops near the decayed tooth carefully.
- Keep items ready example, a pin or sharp needle, antiseptic mouthwash, cotton balls, a toothbrush and toothpaste
- Boil the needle or pin in the water for about 10 minutes to sterilize and let cool
- brushing teeth, gums and tongue to thoroughly clean
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash rinse your mouth. Keep the solution in the mouth for at least 30 seconds.
- Dampen cotton balls with antiseptic mouthwash
- The use of sterile needle piercing the abscess carefully
- push out the pus with your finger. Remove as much pus as possible
- Clean the pus using the cotton balls dipped in mouthwash
- Apply some mouthwash for sore
- Repeat pressing and extraction of pus every 3-4 hours
- If the pus from draining completely repeat the cleaning process the next day. Care should be taken not to insert the needle at the same point in the gum.
- When the pus getting completely drained, take antibiotics prescribed by your doctor needed to prevent any further infection
Raw potatoes are very effective in eliminating infection. However, the time taken to clear the infection.
- cut a raw potato into small pieces.
- Place a small piece of potato on the tooth that is having trouble with. Make sure you place it in that position overnight.
- The next morning, you can remove the piece of potato in the mouth and found that pain and swelling around the tooth abscess is gone.
- To remove the infection properly, then use it every night until you feel that bacterial infection is gone.
21. Cold compress
cold pack or a bag around the dental abscess area will help to give immediate relief from pain.
- Take some ice cubes from the refrigerator and place it on a clean, damp cloth. Cover the fabric so that the ice cubes are close together in the fabric.
- place this damp cloth on the affected from the outside of the mouth area.
- keep it there for a few minutes to get instant relief from pain and inflammation. This will help you get a good sleep.
- You can even use frozen in a bag and placed on the outside of the affected area things.
- You can also use ice cold bottle of water to give a cold compress on the infected area from the outside.
- Repeat this process every time you feel the pain because of an abscessed tooth.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of unbearable pain methods due to a dental abscess is taking antibiotics.
- paracetamol tablets are very effective in reducing pain.
- Amoxicillin is an antibiotic that most doctors recommend to get rid of pain due to bad tooth.
- Ibuprofen is another medication that will help relieve pain and reduce swelling.
Papaya is a very healthy fruit that is full of antioxidants as well as nutrients for the body. It will help in eliminating bacteria in the tooth and will help get rid of toothache. It will also help in speeding up the recovery process of a dental abscess.
- Peel off the skin of a fresh papaya and cut into slices.
- rub a slice of papaya in the dental abscess and also in the gum tissue surrounding the tooth.
- Let stand in the tooth and gum for one hour or so.
- rinsing the mouth with a good mouthwash and you can enjoy a great relief from the infection.
- repeat this process for a few days for you to get complete relief of dental infection.
- take half a teaspoon of goldenseal powder and apply it directly on the infected tooth.
- leave it there for about 20 to 30 minutes and then wash your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash.
- repeat this process for a few days to get complete relief of toothache.
- may take echinacea tea as internally to get relief from toothaches.
- Apply Echinacea powder directly in the dental abscess and keep it there for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly and apply this powder regularly for a few days to get complete relief infection.
homeopathic treatments to treat tooth abscess
The following are some of the homeopathic treatments that can be used to cure your dental abscess.
- Silicea (help in removing pus)
- Puls (given to patients with problems in sensitive teeth)
- Hepar sulphuris (dental abscess delights accompanied pus)
- Bryonia (analgesic)
- Belladonna (gets rid of the pain and redness due to an abscessed tooth)
- Myristica (relief for inflamed areas around the tooth
medianet_height = ‘250’; medianet_crid = ‘481191137’;
This article was originally published on myhealthtips
visitor's tagscomenity net/dentalfirstfinancinacing | comenity net/dental first financing | actionskippyballen | waukesha 310 pulling motor |
Posted in: Home remedies, Pain, Teeth